Search for content in message boards

ANDREW BUSBY 1801 Bellavassey, Antrim, IRELAND

ANDREW BUSBY 1801 Bellavassey, Antrim, IRELAND

L.S.Pack (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 11:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Robinson
Looking for parents siblings of Andrew Busby b 1801 Bellavassey,Antrim,Ireland, d 20 Feb 1844 Lennoxtown,Stirling,Scotland, md Ellen/Elenor Robinson b 10 June 1810 Ireland, d 10 Sept 1888 Utah. Thank you.

Re: ANDREW BUSBY 1801 Bellavassey,Antrim,IRELAND

Gillian (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2004 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: BUSBY, Murry, Murray
I have just come across Busby in my family line John Busby Married to Lizzie Murry, in the area of Dunipcae, Campsie, Lennoxtown to the late 1800's. It is belived John came from Ireland, their sons that i know of are Square, Adam and daughter Mary.

Any info you have would be grateuflly appreciated.

Gillian

Re: ANDREW BUSBY 1801 Bellavassey, Antrim, IRELAND

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2005 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Murrie, Kerr
Hi there

I also have the these names in my family tree, although I have James Busby (not John) married to Lizzie Murrie. The names Square, Mary and George have also popped up and I think it is safe to say that there would only be one Square busby on record. My gr gr Grandmother was Mary Busby who married married to William Kerr in 1845, Dunipace
Perhaps we could exchange notes?

Sharon

gillian (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2005 9:15PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Kerr
Hi there, I haven't really looked into this side any further back than the marriage of Mary Busby and William Kerr.

They are my Great, Great, Great Grandparents. They had a daughter Mary - married to Alexander Kidd. How are you connected? Are you in Scotland - Ireland ?

Please get in touch, I will be really glad to exchange notes with you, how very exciting. Can't wait to hear from you.

Gillian
gillianh23@hotmail.com

George Busby (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2005 10:06PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: ,
Please contact me directly at george.busby@btinternet.com

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 4:20PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:59PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Robinson
Hello,
Just found your message. I am also tracing the Busby line and I have your Andrew Busby and Helen (Ellen,Eleanor)Robinson.

I do know that Andrew D/ in Lennoxtown and Helen D/ in Utah, USA and they had 9 kids. I do have more on this family... If you could let me know what you have or need I can send what I have and so I don't send you what you already have.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jim

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Murray, Love
Hello sharon,
I am also tracing the name "Busby" from Scotland/Ireland. I am also from James Busby & Elizabeth Murray orig from Ireland. I know they ended up in Lennoxtown Scotland and had large family of which Adam, Mary and Square who was actually named "Squire". I am from James & Eliz dau Sarah who mar Daniel Love in 1865 Dunipace.

I do have info on this line, if you like I can share with you...just let me know what you need or have so I dont send you what you already have... this way maybe we can both fill in some gaps!

Just wondering...where do you live? I am in Scotland not too far from Lennoxtown.

Regards,

Jim

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2010 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Murray
Hi Jim,

I would be really pleased to hear of your Busby family information too.

I am from Mary Busby daughter of James Busby and Elizabeth Murray. She married William Kerr in 1896 in Denny.

Where abouts are you located? I'm in Camelon, by Falkirk.

Would be great to hear from you.

Gillian

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 10:37AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2011 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Busby, Kerr, McCulloch, Vallence
Hi Jim,

Would you believe I have just read your post! I hadn't received an alert to let me know.

I live in Sydney, Australia and I'm from James and Lizzies daughter Mary who married William Kerr. I have a recently started a public tree on Ancestry which I think you can access?? At the moment I am adding all of the information I have accumulated over the years. Mary and Williams Granddaughter, Mary Kerr who married William McCulloch arrived in Australia abt 1921. The sad thing about this is that William McCulloch was a Catholic, therefore Mary had no contact with her side of the family as a result. I long to know what happened to them all, what they looked like, how they lived, etc. Have a look at my tree (Vallence, McCulloch, Kerr) and see what you think. I am yet to add the photographs as yet.

Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic