Search for content in message boards

Where's Buswell, Wisconsin?

Where's Buswell, Wisconsin?

Linda King (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2006 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a post card of a sawmill post marked 1908 Buswell Wisconsin and have been trying to find where the place was without any luck, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Where's Buswell, Wisconsin?

Pat Moseler Shanks (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2006 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Buswell, Wisconsin
Try this. It was in Vilas County.

http://members.tripod.com/~sassmaster/vilas.html

Linda King (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2006 11:34PM GMT
Thanks for the quick reply! I am sending a copy of the postcard to the genealogy web site for Vilas County to be posted with other old photos from the area. No sense in just hiding them in my own scrapbook. Linda

Linda King (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2006 12:11AM GMT
Oh my goodness...I sent my thank you a hair too soon! It should've been a double thank you. On one of the postcards I sent to be posted on the Vilas County genealogy site my grandfather, Frank I. Barnia, wrote " I have killed a few ducks on this creek when I used to brake for the C.A. Goodyear Lbr. Co." The creek in the postcard photo is Lost Creek near Sayner, Wisconsin. I am wondering if this means he was a brakeman on a lumber train? In the 1920 census he's working as an engineer on a steam hoist at Merrill in Lincoln Co., WI and I suspect that hoist would've been at a saw mill there. Looks like all of his neighbors were working at saw mills. Anyway, thanks for the C.A. Goodyear Lumber Co info! I have no idea where all this will lead me, but it's pretty major in trying to build a life story for Frank. So...double thanks!

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:39PM GMT
My brother sent me a copy of an article in the Lakeland Times about the sawmill at Buswell, WI and the fire. I'm interested in learning about the Buswell who owned the lumber company. Who was he and where did he came from? Also Linda, I couldn't find the postcard of Buswell, WI on the Vilas County GenWeb site. Could you help me?
Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Buswell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions