Search for content in message boards

Kreuzer family rom Tachau,possibly born in Pilzn

Kreuzer family rom Tachau,possibly born in Pilzn

Linda Kreuzer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2006 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to find any information on my great grandparents, Adam J. Kreuzer and Marianna Forster Kreuzer. They lived in Tachau, Bohemia. Adam may have been born in Pilsen. Adam's DOB is Feb.14,1848 and Marianna Forster was born March 3, 1852. They came from Austria-Hungary to the United States between 1896-99,but suspect 1898. They originally settled in Wilkes Barre,Pennsylvania and later moved to the rural community of Mountain Top,Pa. They had the following children: Frank(Franz) Josef, Adam, Elizabeth, Margaret, Margaret, and Mary. Adam owned a mica mine which was used for glass making, and the Russian government may have later possessed. Adam became a farm owner, but was also a carpenter.

Re: Kreuzer family rom Tachau,possibly born in Pilzn

Tony (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2006 7:32PM GMT
It is only one way to know a right answer: to look through the indexes of parish registers of Tachov and Plzen town. The registers are in archiv in Plzen.
Tony.

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Kreuzer/Kreutzer
The Kreuzer family owned mica mines in Germany. The mica was used to make glass for windows, which was a luxury then.

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 2:11AM GMT
Tony,
Thank you for the information. How would I access the archives in Plzen? Do you have an address? I would appreciate any info you have and am grateful for all your assistance.

Tony (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2006 6:18PM GMT
Try this address: podatelna@soaplzen.cz
Tony,

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 4:27AM GMT
Tony, I am VERY late in responding I see. I have had to put research on hold but expect to continue once I retire earlier than expected. Thank You so much for the information!!!!
Lin Kreuzer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions