Search for content in message boards

Isiah Stewart-N.Ireland to N.C.

Isiah Stewart-N.Ireland to N.C.

Charlotte (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 10:40AM GMT
Isiah Stewart b. abt 1782 m. Barbara Howell b. 1778 @ Yancey,NC, children:Francis, Jackson, John, Blackstone & Joseph all born in Burke Co. N.C. He is my ggg-grandfather. I have more if you need it. Looking for other family members. e-mail me at magicage@webtv.net

Jackson Stewart

Judith Hendren (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 8:39PM GMT
Hi Charlotte, I have just started my search for information about my great grandfater, Jackson Stewart. The family knows nothing about him other than that he was married to Neely Walters and they had 6 daughters, the oldest born 1891 & youngest born 1907, so I'm guessing that he would have been born around 1870 or after??? I have always been told that my grandmother was of Irish decent. Please let me know if you have more about Jackson, son of Isiah. Your Jackson maybe a decendent of my Jackson? I very excited to find even a tidbit of information. Thanks very much for posting your message. If you prefer to reply by email please do...jrs.judi@gte.net

isiah

sherry (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 11:33PM GMT
I do not have my work in front of me but!!! I have stewart tree to 1723 when James, son of James was born. He came to the us in 1730 at the age of 7 so may have been born in 1722. He arrived with william and john stewart. We arehaving a reunion on June 9 from 11-4 CST and trying to find relatives. PLEASE email me what you have and I will try to return the favor if it looks promising. Many of the desc. went to NC, asheville area, some to SC, and some were Mormans and preachers.I am desc. of Eliah and some names were given from famous people. My gggrandfather was George Washington Stewart and his twin was Benjamin Franklin stewart. They had 8 other siblings.Sound like it might be a hit?? Let me know either way. Sherry

Stewart's of Buncombe

Rick Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2001 6:27AM GMT
Hi All

Have you visited www.martygrant.com. Marty is a fellow cousin. We descend from Noah Stewart and wife Nancy. We believe that our Noah is a son of John Stewart & wife Mary Ann. They lived in Rutherford, Buncombe, & Haywood. We think that there may be some relation to Edward Stewart and descendants that eventually ended up in Greenville SC and also northern Georgia. Our Noah moved ca 1842 to Union county. I know several folks that are researching these counties. Maybe we could swap notes. Please drop me a line.

Re: Stewart's of Buncombe

Phil Hemmi (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart/CurtisSr,James
hope to find acendancy for ____"cassia" Stewartm____Curtis,daughter of James CurtisSr,oldest man to fight at battle San Jacinto gave birth to John1815/Jamesca1816 both who fought w grandpa Curtis per relocation to TX in 1823(Austin's 300) I descend from Joshua Van Lue Stewartb1820 in AL have always assumed is a son of _____Casey Stewart.

Re: Isiah Stewart-N.Ireland to N.C.

Robyn Sutton (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I am trying to find the parents of My g-g-g-grandfather, Isiah Stewart b:11-16-1801 at Blue Springs, Tn. d:12-7-1875 at Halltown, Mo. I have siblings listed as: David, James, Mary, Robert, and William.
If you can help with any info I'd greatly appreciate it.

Robyn Sutton
lynnesut@midusa.net

Re: Isiah Stewart-N.Ireland to N.C.

Tammy Stiwinter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 12:24AM GMT
Hi, my husband is a decendant of Isiah daughter Francis. I was wondering what information that you have on her. I know that she was hung in 1833. I have no other information on her fathers parents. you can email me at tstiwinter@aol.com. Thanks for any help. tammy

Posted: 15 Nov 2001 6:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having a hard time researching my granny's family.Anytime I see anything at all that sounds even remote I try it and I was wondering if by chance somewhere around 1930 do you have an Annie Stewart ...parents are?????..Have hit the brick wall here and I do not know where they originated from and before she passed away she did not have much info either.Thank you in advance wether good or bad.

I am having a hard time researching my granny's family.Anytime I see anything at all that sounds even remote I try it and I was wondering if by chance somewhere around 1930 do you have an Annie Stewart ...parents are?????..Have hit the brick wall here and I do not know where they originated from and before she passed away she did not have much info either.Thank you in advance wether good or bad.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions