Search for content in message boards

Worthy Ancestors

Worthy Ancestors

Posted: 23 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2006 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: WORTHY, RICHARDSON
Looking for Gr-Gr-Grandparents, all I know at this time is surname of Worthy. According to Gr-Grandmother listed in Hill Co TX 1910 census records her parents were born in Ill. Gr-Grandmother name Willie Bell Worthy married Gr-Grandfather, Elijah L Richardson in Limestone Co TX Dec 1899. Can't find either in 1900 census (still searching) She would have been born between 1880 & 1890 census. In 1910 census her birthplace show TX. Parents as Ill. Anyone out there searching surname of Worthy?

Re: Worthy Ancestors

Amber (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Worthey/Worthy
I have been looking for Worthy/Worthey family in Illinois. My grandfather and says that his father and uncle came from Illinois. They left their parents/siblings and half siblings there and moved to Texas. My grandfather's older sister says that they had an aunt (no name mentioned) who was a half-sibling to their dad and she lived in Texas. Could be a tenuous connection but worth an email :-)

My ggrandfather was named William Henry Worthey and his brother was called Abe (no idea of real name). Any of this sound familiar?

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 10:18PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2005 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: WORTHY
Amber, since that post I have actually come across quite a bit more info on WORTHY family, in Jersey Co IL. My ancestor is George Anderson WORTHY. George had a brother Absalom. Absalom has listed sons William H b 1844 IL, and Absalom or Abraham. Father of George and Absalom is Armel b 1795 in GA. If interested in this family contact me.

Posted: 10 Nov 2001 11:29PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: WORTHY, SINCLAIR, WORTHEY, REED
My grandfather was Armel Wesley Worthy/Worthy born Oct.24, 1857 and married Isadora Sinclair. He had a brother named James Frank or Frank James who married Nettie Sinclair. Their dad was Armel Worthey/Worthy born in Pike Co, Ill. married to Elizabeth Reed born in Adams Co. Ill.,dates unknown. Could this Armel be a son to your Armel born 1795? Any info. will be appreciated, as this is the first Armel, I've came across in my search.
Thanks,
Donna

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2005 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: WORTHY, GOINS
Donna, wish I could provide you with more information. I have not done alot of work on Worthy's. The info I have was obtained from someone else and does not have alot on any of the other lines except my direct line. The Armel I have b 1795 was married to Dica Goins. The only children listed are Absalom, Rueben, Benjamin, George Anderson(mine) and William. I have not checked any further to verify. One of these sons could have had a son named Armel. Good luck in your search.

Shirley Vaughn Parker (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2002 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Worthey, Devlin, Goins, Barrow, Vaughn, West
The father of Armel, James Frank, and Van Worthey was George Anderson Worthey. Armel Worthey was George's father. He was born in 1795 in Georgia and George was born in Monroe County, Tenn. If you would like my information, send me your family group sheetsso that I can see how you come in. I am George's great granddaughter.
Thanks,
Shirley theparkers@tyler.net

Posted: 25 Aug 2002 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 12:33PM GMT
Dear Shirley,
I don't believe that my Armel Worthey is the same as yours. I have the death record of my great grandfather Armell Wesley Worthey married to Isadora Sinclair. It shows that his parents were, Armell Worthey born in Pike County, Illinois and Elizabeth Reed born in Adams County, Illinois. That would make George Anderson Worthey not his dad, since it shows him born in Tennesee. The informant on the death certificate was his daughter Bess Worthey Fredericks [ Mrs. William O. Fredericks] of Alton, Illinois. I'm sure she would know her grandparents birth places. I'm going to right to Pike County Courthouse and\or to the County seat of Pike's County and see if I can find a birth record for Armell Worthey and write to Southerland Spring, Texas for a birth record for Armell Wesley Worthey to see who it list as the mom and dad. If you still want my records, I.ll be glad and send them to you.
Happy Hunting,
Donna

Shirley Parker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Worthy
Your Armiel´s grandfather was also Armiel. Armiel married Dica or Dicey Goins probably in Georgia. Their first child Absalom was born in Georgia. Benjamin, Reubin and George were born in Tenn. He is in Monroe County, Tenn. in 1830. In 1840 Armiel senior is in Madison County, Illinois. I know there are girls by the count each time, but I don´t know their names. In 1850 he is Calhoun County, Illinois. All of the boys are at home except Absalom who has married. In 1860, George is in Bexar County, Texas with three children, Elizabeth, Armiel Wesley, and James Frank. In 1870 George and the boys are living in Otter Creek in Jersey County, Illinois. Dicey is living with them. I suppose Armiel senior is dead. Elizabeth nor the daughter Elizabeth is with them. Another son is with them, Van. He was born about 1867. He was blind. I have a picture of him. and I have a picture of George Anderson Worthy. In 1880 Dicey is living with
Absalom. An elderly Worthy woman died about 1885. I think it must be Dicey because she is not with them in 1900 and she would be about a 100 at that time. Both James and Armiel married Sinclair girls. Write me. I would like to correspond with you.
Thanks,
Shirley

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 10:13PM GMT
I am a little late to this correspondence so I hope you are still there. The following is based on family information and not all verified before about 1920.
I have George A. Worthy as a gr gr grandfather whose daughter with Isabell (my gr gr grandmother) named Mary Elizabeth married John Mabery Robinson. John Mabery had a son John E. who was my grandfather and lived in Archer City, Texas. Is George's middle name Andrews or Anderson?

Posted: 9 Jan 2011 2:40AM GMT
My ancestor was called Armell Worthy.In searching my family, all the people were listed under George Anderson. He would be my gr. gr. grandfather. I am not sure why his parents called hin Armell. George married Mary Elizabeth Reed.first, then Isbell Dabbs, both my gr. gr. grandmothers. My line comes thru Georges son James to his son Harry, my grandfather.
Ihope this helped.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic