Search for content in message boards

Jesse Long

Jesse Long

George Free (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Long
Can anyone give me information on Jesse F. Long. His first wife was named Iva. Their childrens names were, Hardy (Dutch), Paul, Tiny Lee, and Fred(PG) Long. Jesse Long married my mother Arey Free in 1937. I am trying to locate Fred Long, my mother raised him. None of his brothers or sister knows what became of Fred. He would have information about my mother. Fred's sister married a Oliver the first time. They all lived in Sabine parish back in the thirties and early forties. I am trying to find out what became of my mother and I feel like Fred Long would know. If anyone can help me please contact me. George Free

Re: Jesse & Arey Long

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Long, Stone
Mr. Free,
I don't know if you have already found the information on your mother that you were looking for but Jessie Long is my g-grandfather. I know that they were married and living in Port Arthur, Tx when he passed away (Aug 1943). I have a picture of your mother that I will be glad to email to you if you would like. I believe it was taken in the early 40's. You can contact me via email at suzi.craig@yahoo.com Suzi

Re: Jesse Long

Posted: 14 Dec 2013 3:35AM GMT
George,
I see my sister Suzi contacted you about Jessie F Long, Have you found any information as I am also looking for Fred. I have been searching for the burial of Jessie for a while but now have decided that is my priority haha. Heres the info I have: (Im also including the Find a Grave memorial#'s for them if you are familiar with that web site). Jessie was born 21 March 1881 in Cicero, Tipton, Indiana, United States
died 6 Aug 1943 in Port Arthur, Jefferson, Texas, USA (Body sent to Many, LA for burial)

I dont have a marriage to an IVA, That was his mothers name Iva Nora #48836210. (if you have info please let me know so I can search that)

Jessies first wife was Samantha Adaline Spay 1884 – 1958 married in IND # 49454336
3 children, if you want their names let me know

In 1907 he married Gracie P Lawrence 1888 Trout, La Salle, La – 1936 Many, Sabine, La
children:
Hardy Frank (Dutch) Long 1916 Clarks, La – 2005 Port Arthur, Jefferson, Tx buried in Kinder, La.
Jessie Paul Long (My Grandfather) 1920 Vivian, Caddo, La – 2006 Cleburne, Johnson, Tx
# 74376580
Tiny Lee Long 1923 –? in 1940 in LA. was married to Walter J Oliver 1919 – ? She later married a chuck Jones, The last time I heard about them they were living in LA about 2004 I know they had one son who changed his name...
Fred "PG" Long 1932 – Census says he was born in ARK, last I could track was 1940 census.

Gracie died in 1936, so between 36 and 40 he married Arey J Stone (Per 1940 Sabine LA census) Tiny was married to Walter J Oliver and living next door

Heres the names I Have for Areys parents Thomas J Stone 1882 – and Emma L 1889 – Both born in ALA, in 1910 living in Burleson, Franklin, Alabama Arey had at least one brother
George L Stone 1910 – (all this on the census)

in 1935 she was living in Many, Sabine, La

1942 they were living in Reeves, Allen, La.

about Feb 1943 they moved to Port Arthur, Jefferson, Tx. for his job it looks like. They had only been a resident there about 6 mo before he died there.

The obit for Jessie is as follows: PORT ARTHUR NEWS Aug 6 1943
MANY, LA., MAN DIES AT HOSPITAL HERE
J. F. Long, 62, of 1916 Shreveport avenue, employe of the Tuner and Ross Construction company
on a Texas Company project, died Friday at 3:08 p. m. in St. Mary's hospital following an illness
of six months. A native of Tipton, Ind., Mr. Long came to Port Arthur several months ago from
Reeves, La. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Arey Long of Port Arthur; three sons, H. F. and Fred M. Long of Port Arthur and Jesse Paul Long of Wichita Falls; a daughter, Mrs. W. O. Oliver of Olympia,Wash. and six grandchildren. Clayton and Thompson will forward the body Sunday to Many, La., for funeral services and burial there.

( His grandchildren (6) at the time of death would have to be children of Hardy and Tiny)

My husband is due to start a job in Port Arthur at the beginning of Jan, should be at least a year so I am planning on doing lots of research on my trips down there and its about 2 1/2 hrs to Sabine parish so I may get there too. Please let me know if you have anything that could help me, Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic