Search for content in message boards

WAGLEY / WAGLAY

WAGLEY / WAGLAY

Scotty Dean (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Searching for information on the family of Abraham (Abram) WAGLEY, b. 2 Feb 1767 Burke Co. / Rowan Co., NC. d. 4 Aug 1843 Red River Co., TX. His father, John WAGLEY, was born 10 Apr 1743 in Tulpehocken, Berks Co., PA. and died approx 1812 in Davidson CO., TN. I have no information on his mother. The WAGLEY family moved on to Louisiana, and Abraham and two of his sons, Joseph and John, moved on to Texas in the 1830's. Any information on the PA, NC, or LA period of the WAGLEY family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WAGLEY / WAGLAY

Posted: 3 Sep 2005 3:03PM GMT
My Name is Ron Hull, My GGGGrandfather is Abraham C. Wagley on my mother's side. I have alot of info on the Wagley's. I know This message was along time ago, I have been off the computer for along time. If you still need the info e-mail me at juju4@netzero.net

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 10:04PM GMT
what kind of information would you like - i had enough to satisfy you - i think
email me at nanny_cathy@yahoo.co
martha bell wagley, is my gr grandmother; ethel v. brady is my grandmother she married twice dallas milton wilkinson -
they had two sons, my father charles edwin, and dallas milton jr.
and then there is me and my sibs
cathy

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 8:51PM GMT
hi, this catherine wilkinson again.
i have recently discovered a photo of what may seem to be john wagley as my gr gr grandfather, but i am having difficulty in conencted a few ideas with the photo - my gr grandmother martha bell wagley was william m. wagley's daughter she had a twin sister who died in texas. now these wagleys are am referring to all come from red river, texas
in the photo there are two other ladies - one could be mama (martha bell wagley and her grandfather wagley/with sister - that part i am not too sure about) if i can find a way to send this photo please let me know would like to share because this is exciting for me to find the photos (yeh there are more but more on martha bell's daughter ethel v. brady, my grandmother - my dad's mom.
email address is nanny_cathy@yahoo.com
oh by the way the top of the line of wagleys is catrji weckerling and alexander (cannot remember right now - going on a later for me)
please email asap.
cathy

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: WAGLEY
Hello Cathy -

This then must be Martha Bell Wagley born 30 Apr 1883 Briar, Texas or Aurora, TX - died 18 Mar 1970 Bakersfield, CA married Charles W. Brady 03 Jan 1904 Wise Co, TX.

Our common ancestor is then William Milton Wagley 1837-1930

I would like to know if his father's middle name was Allen(?) for John A. Wagley....

I have the information on his mother = Mary Eliza Alexander 1807-1876 but I have no information on her family and would greatly appreciate anything on the Alexander family.

John A. Wagley's parents as Abraham (or Abram) C. Wagley (C for??) and Maria Sarah (Polly) Henson. I have a coupl more generations along this Henson line, but not much more than names, so details would be great.

I have come to disagree with the mutiple record references to Abram C. Wagley's father being John Wagley, born 10 Apr 1743 in Tulpehockon, Berks Co, PA. I know you've sent another note referring to the Weikerly (or variation thereof) last name for him, but there are researchers who 'claim' this ancestor with names more in line.

The references that I have seen that prove this relationship have been found to have expanded upon what is actually in the source text, after I acquired copies from many years research.... I am interested in anything that would help firm up the time and place fore Abram C Wagley and perhaps prove that his father was John Wagley of different information. Thank you! Scotty Dean

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: Wagley - Weckerly - Waekerly - Weckerle - etc.
Hi Cathy -

In my own mind, the research that pins our Wagley to this variation of a last name was incorrect. I have acquired the source books referenced for this link, after a search of several years, and found that the references made no such claim = someone at one time expanded upon wehat was written, and it has been taken as true ever since. I had pasted in my own interpretation of the name usage and where the lines went in the old GeForum. Here is the link to my posting from 2004: http://genforum.genealogy.com/wagley/messages/72.html

Scotty Dean

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: Wagley
Hello Ron -
I lost track of this very old message - sorry, Are you still out there at this address? Scotty Dean

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 9:14AM GMT
this is incredible - i have been searching for information for a very long time.
i am curious - how are you related to the wagleys
the tree i am updating is Wilkinson,Green,Robinson,McKim,Wilson - you are more than welcome to see what we have. be my guest and have fun.
cathy
ps the information you have is correct on martha bell wagley, did you know she had a twin sister: mary dell wagley

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 9:19AM GMT
hello Ron,
this cathy. i was looking at your message and saw the names you put in
i also have wagleys and i am a descendant of william m. wagley, my gr gr grandfather, because of martha bell wagley, being my gr grandmother, my grandmother being ethel v. brady, and she had my dad - Charles Edwin Wilkinson
email me at nanny_cathy@yahoo.com
my tree is WILKINSON,GREEN,ROBINSON,MCKIM,WILSON (it is a public tree) you are more than welcome to look up any descendants or just surf the tree.
cathy wilkinson

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 6:37PM GMT
Hello Again Cathy -

My Wagley line is through Harvey Milton Wagley to Viola Wagley to Jimmie Dean, my father.

Most of the Wagley research feet on the ground version was done by Ralph Wagley, my Dad's 1st cousin, son of Evy May Wagley (shown in this tree extract) and Oma Fuller Wagley.
Ralph's father, Oma Fuller Wagley, was the son of Abraham Henson Wagley and Mattye Belle Fuller. Abraham Henson Wagley was the son of Joseph A. Wagley and Martha Elizabeth Starks. Joseph A.Wagley was the son of Abraham C. Wagley.

William Milton Wagley's parents were John A. Wagley and Mary Eliza Alexander. John A. Wagley was the som of Abraham C. Wagley.

So, Joseph A. Wagley and John A. Wagley were brothers, the sons of Abraham C. Wagley. So Ralph Wagley's parents Oma Fuller Wagley married his 3rd cousin, Evy May Wagley, if I counted that correctly (might be 2nd cousin once removed).

Descendants of William Milton Wagley

1William Milton WAGLEY b: 01 Nov 1837 in Annona, Red River Co, TX d: 27 Jan 1930 in of Annetta, died (home of daughter, Mrs. Lela Williams) Aledo, Parkes Co, TX Fact 1: Jan 1930 Hog Branch Cem., Wise Co., TX Fact 1: Jan 1930 Hog Branch Cem., Wise Co., TX +Mary Jane REASONER b: Bef. 1850 m: 07 Mar 1862 in Red River, Texas d: Unknown
*2nd Wife of William Milton WAGLEY:
. +A.E. CREECY m: 17 Jul 1866 in Lamar Co, TX
*3rd Wife of William Milton WAGLEY:
. +Mary Ann NEELY b: 14 Dec 1849 in Marietta, Cobb Co, or Campbell Co, GA m: 06 Apr 1871 in Annona, Red River Co, TX d: 11 Jul 1917 in Boyd, Wise Co, TX Fact 1: Hog Branch Cem, Wise Co, TX Fact 1: Hog Branch Cem, Wise Co, TX
...........2 Harvey Milton WAGLEY b: 20 Feb 1872 in Clarksville, Red River Co, Texas d: 14 Apr 1948 in Matador, Motley Co, TX ............... +A. Texana STEVENS b: Unknown in ? m: 31 Jul 1892 in TX (possibly Clarksville, Red River Co, TX?) d: Unknown in ?
........... *2nd Wife of Harvey Milton WAGLEY:
............... +Mary Melissa SING b: 03 Jan 1883 in Conway, Laclede Co, MO m: 07 Feb 1900 in Haskell Co, TX d: 07 Feb 1965 in Crosbyton, Crosby Co, TX Fact 1: East Mound Cem, Motley Co, TX
Fact 2: Mary Melissa was one of 10 children
.........................3 Viola WAGLEY b: 05 Apr 1919 in Matador, Motley Co, Texas d: 27 Oct 1970 in LaJunta, CO (SSN data = 81041 Granada, Prowers, CO) Fact 1: buried Lamar, CO Fact 1: buried Lamar, CO
............................. +Charles Homer DEAN b: 18 Jun 1911 in Canute, Washita Township, OK m: 14 Dec 1934 in ? d: 02 Nov 1938 in Pampa, Gray Co, Texas
.......................................4 Jimmie DeWitt DEAN
.......................................4 Homer Don DEAN
........................................... *2nd Husband of Viola WAGLEY:
............................. +James Hershell Franklin "Hershell" WHITEHEAD b: 21 Feb 1909 m: 01 Aug 1940 in Floydada, Floyd Co, TX d: 03 Nov 1975 in 81041 Granada, Prowers Co, CO
.......................................4 Judy Pauline WHITEHEAD
.......................................4 Dusty WHITEHEAD
.......................................4 Deanna WHITEHEAD
.......................................4 Debra Janet WHITEHEAD
......................3 Evy May WAGLEY b: 11 Jun 1915 in Matador, Motley, Texas d: 27 Nov 1995 in Abilene, Taylor Co, TX
......................3 Florence Ethel WAGLEY b: 20 Feb 1902 in Boyd, Wise Co, TX d: 20 Jan 1935 in Paducah, Cottle Co, TX
......................3 Alma Mildred WAGLEY b: 28 Jul 1906 in Boyd, Wise Co, TX d: 03 Dec 1929 in Sonora, Sutton Co, TX
......................3 Alvin Sidney WAGLEY b: 14 Feb 1909 in Boyd, Wise Co, TX d: 13 Jun 1985 in Lorene, Oregon
.....................3 Verdie Vellma WAGLEY b: 01 Feb 1911 in Dumont, Motley Co, TX
...................3 Dezzy (Daisy Bob) Monet WAGLEYb: 25 Mar 1913 in Dumont, Motley Co, TXd: 31 May 1990 in San Antonio, TX
..................... 3 Herman WAGLEY b: 09 Feb 1917 in Matador, Motley Co, TX d: 11 Apr 1997 in Palaside, CO
................. 3 Virginia Dare WAGLEY b: 05 Apr 1921 in Matador, Motley Co, TX
..................... 3 Mary Ruth WAGLEY b: 02 Sep 1923 in Matador, Motley Co, TXd: 10 Sep 1977 in Salt Lake City, UT
.......... 2 Lela Iona WAGLEY b: 12 Sep 1873 in Clarksville, Red River, Texas d: 21 Aug 1949 in Lake Worth, TX .......... +Stephen Edwin WILLIAMS b: 06 Feb 1859 in Mississippi m: 11 Jan 1891 in Wise Co, TX d: 30 Dec 1936 in Phoenix, Maricopa Co, AZ
......................... 3 Iva May WILLIAMS b: 1892 in Poolville, Parker, TX
......................... 3 William Manley WILLIAMS b: 1894 in Poolville, Parker, TX
......................... 3 Beaulah Emma WILLIAMS b: 1895 in Poolville, Parker, TX
......................... 3 Paul W. WILLIAMS b: 1897 in Poolville, Parker, TX
......................... 3 Gladys Missouri WILLIAMS b: 1899 in Poolville, Parker, TX
...........2 Frances Missouri WAGLEYb: 20 Mar 1876 in Aurora, Wise Co, Texas d: 05 Dec 1953 in Riverside, CA
.............+Gamaliel Starks HELM b: 03 Feb 1873 in Nr Ft. Worth, Tarrant Co, TX m: 10 Aug 1893 in (also listed as 18 May 1901?)
.......... 2 Emma Etta WAGLEY b: 10 Dec 1879 in Aurora, Wise, Texas d: Mar 1967 in Dallas, TX
...............+Ben Lyon CALDWELL b: 18 Feb 1881 in ? m: Bet. 18 May 1901 - 1902 in TX d: 13 May 1937 in Childress Co, TX
.......... 2 Henry Fain(Fredrick) WAGLEY b: 16 Feb 1881 in Aurora, Wise, Texas d: 03 May 1941 in Oklahoma City, OK
.............. +Lalia (?)
........... *2nd Wife of Henry Fain(Fredrick) WAGLEY:
............... +Margaret Kenneth "Kinnie" WAINSCOTT/WINSCOATTE b: 1882 in TX d: 14 Dec 1952 in Tarrant Co, TX
...................... 3 Olive Winscoatte WAGLEY b: Unknown in Fort Worth,Tarrant Co,TX
........... *3rd Wife of Henry Fain(Fredrick) WAGLEY:
............... +Allie (S)LAUGHTER b: Oct 1884 in ? m: 26 Jul 1898 in ? d: Unknown in ?
......................... 3 Lois WAGLEY b: Aft. 1898
...........2 Martha Belle WAGLEY b: 30 Apr 1883 in Briar, Texas or Aurora, TX d: 18 Mar 1970 in Bakersfield, CA
...............+Charles W. BRADY b: 02 Sep 1883 in Wise Co, TX m: 03 Jan 1904 in Wise Co, TX d: Dec 1960 in Bakersfield, CA
.......... 2 Mary Dell WAGLEY b: 30 Apr 1883 in Briar, TX or in Aurora, TX d: Bet. 02 Feb 1950 - 1951 in Fort Worth, TX
.............. +Fred Lee PORTWOOD b: 28 Feb 1876 in ? m: 10 Jun 1900 in ? d: 24 Apr 1930 in Tarrant Co, TX
.......... 2 Roxa Anna WAGLEY b: 30 Oct 1885 in Aurora, Wise, Texas d: 25 Jun 1942
.......... 2 Myrtle / Myrtie Ethel WAGLEY b: 24 Nov 1889 in Aurora, Wise Co, TX d: 07 Sep 1949 in Ft. Worth, Tarrant Co, TX
............... +Milus Clinton COUNTS b: Unknown in ? m: Bet. 12 May 1912 - 1915 d: Unknown in ?
...........2 Bob (Robert) Irwin WAGLEY b: 15 Jun 1893 in Aurora or Briar, Wise Co, TX d: Bet. 20 Mar 1945 - 1949 in Los Angeles, CA
............... +Lamont ASH b: Unknown in ? m: 26 Jun 1915 d: Unknown in ?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions