Search for content in message boards

Lemuel Moore

Lemuel Moore

David Moore (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
Looking for info concerning Lemuel MOORE b 3May1768 VA d aft 1837 Rutherford Co. NC m Margaret _____. Lemuel's father was George Moore of Rutherford Co. NC. They lived in the Sandy Run Creek area of Rutherford Co. NC

Moore

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins
I am interested in any information you may have on George Moore. I found a Will of Elizabeth Moore, but it did not tell me who she was married to, I just resently found out that she was married to George. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me @
jman@caprok.net
Thanks,
Sheila

Lemuel Moore response

David Moore (View posts)
Surnames: Moore
My Lemuel and your posting is one in the same person. I have lots of information on George (Lemuel's father). My line is through George's son James.

Moore

Sheila Parsons (View posts)
Surnames: Hawkins
I am looking for any information on George Moore that may have married Elizabeth Hawkins. This marrigae would have been a second marriage for Elizabeth, and possibly for George also. Could this be the same George?
thanks

Moores+Taylors

Judy Taylor Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Taylor
Loretta

Do you mind tieing in your Taylor connection to the Moore's? That might help. I was a Taylor and raised in Rutherford county so maybe I might be able to shed some light on your brick wall if I know a little more. I could ask my dad if I knew more particulars, but to just find the one guy would be hard without giving him (my Dad) more to work with.

Do you have an idea where G.W. Moore may have lived in Rutherford county? That could make a difference too, in that my people were on the Chimney Rock Lake Lure area and would know all the families there.

Judy

George Moore/Elizabeth

Loretta Moore Riley (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Taylor, McLellan, Buie, Weatherford
Still searching for George Washington Moore born about 1825,
believed to have been from Rutherford County. Ended up in
Marion County, SC. His mother's name was thought to be
Elizabeth. Can you help? At a dead end for years now.

moores in rutherford co

judy t murphy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: moore
Loretta, right off hand i cannot think of any moore's in rutherford, which makes me think they were not in the lake lure cedar creek area. however, next time i talk with my dad, i will ask him or ask mom. she remembers the old timers better than he does sometimes. they may at least remember WHERE the moores were which might help you target it a little.

judy

Moore and Taylor

Loretta Moore Riley (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Buie, Moore, Taylor, McLellan
Thanks for the response. George Washington Moore married
Elizabeth Jane Taylor when they were both very young, probably teens. Her parents were William and Maria Taylor.
Some of her siblings were George, Levi, William C., and
Melissa Ann. They were in Marion County, SC, about mid
1840s. Jane died in childbirth I believe. Don't know
much of anything about where George was living or who his
parents were but family legend says it was Rutherford County. Can you help?

Re: Moore and Taylor

Posted: 1 May 2011 3:13AM GMT
Is George Washington Moore the same George W. Moore who's parents are Lemuel Moore and Nancy M Stone? George W. is my 2nd great grand uncle. Who would be the brother of my 2nd great granddad James M. who married "Sallie" Sarah J Chapman.

If this is one in the same does anyone have any clue to the parents of George M. Moore? I keep coming up with John Moore and Mary Smith. Am I right?

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic