Search for content in message boards

Waddell History

Waddell History

Gavin Waddell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell
I am researching and writing a comprehensive History of the Waddell family from their earliest roots in Wedale c.1175AD (and even before i.e. pre Norman Conquest) until the present day. The bulk of the work will be on Scottish branches as this is where English, Irish, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South American and South African branches originated but I have gathered much information on these branches too from many generous correspondents throughout the world. There is a lot of mis- information disseminated about us that needs to be rectified. We are an important Lowland Scottish family with a fascinating, but as yet unwritten, history a task therefore now well over due.
This work may need to be financed by subsciption as Family histories were in the past. I am open to suggestions and of course would welcome any contributions refering to particular families and branches. Gavin Main Waddell
~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Email Address as posted - gwad524483@aol.com - failed as of 8-28-00. --eb

Thomas Waddell

Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2004 5:30PM GMT

Dear Gavin,
I am trying to locate Thomas Waddell, born in 1709 or 1710, in Scotland. I have heard it is either Great Glen, or Glen More. Have you ever heard of either place? I really hope you can help the entire branch is stonewalled. He eventually made it to Augusta Co VA

Waddell Family

Linda Hall (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Jones
My grandfather was Claud (Claude) Thomas Waddell (b. 8/16/1903). His father was Jackson Monroe Waddell (M. Edna Gertrude Jones). Jackson Monroe's father was William Butler Waddell (b. 8/18/1848) and Wm. B's father was Lt. Charles B.Waddell (don't have date). I have some info on who they married and children etc. Jackson Monron had brother also named Charles Butler. Do you have any information of these people. All I know is grandpa was from Mississipps. Have a great uncle (Robert) still living in Coldwater Mississippi.
Thank you.

Waddell from Wedale

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
You have taken on a task!
My Waddells thus far are primarily from the Bo'ness / Polmont / Falkirk areas and were employeed either at Carron Iron Works or the railway (presumably Kinniel).
In the early 1900's they branched out to Canada / Japan / Australia and United States.
My details are sketchy but if I can help with anything let me know. You can email me directly.

Robin
omerus1@aol.com

Waddell, Stow, Midlothian

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Hpwoeson
Hello, My g/g/grandparents were Andrew and Alison (nee Howieson) Waddell from Stow, Midlothian. Andrew died aged 78 in 1874 in the village. Happy to pass on details of this branch if you are interested. Please feel free to e-mail me direct.

my family tree

Cassie Waddell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
My grandfather - Eugene Waddell- was abandoned by his father. Therefore, I need a little bit of help finding out where my name comes from. If any of you could help me, it would be very helpful, for as of now, I have nothing.

Canadian Waddell's

Posted: 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2003 10:18PM GMT
Hi Gavin I'm not sure how much help I will be but my branch of the family from what we have been able to trace were Wedale, of the parish of Stow in Midlothian. The name was originally derived from the old Norman name Weddoel and was brought into Scotland in the wake of the Anglo-Norman
Invasion of 1066. John Waddell is my g-g-grandfather. He was born in Ireland on Aug 15, 1821 and came to Canada in 1840. If this is any help let me know please, my cousin just researched this line of the Waddell family.

waddell/ where did we come from?

Lisa Waddell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: waddill, waddle
i'm wondering where my grgrgrgrgreat grandfather came from? david waddill born 1700's.. 1734/35.. he had a son name james wilson waddle..born 1758 north carolina.(mecklenburg),, trying to make sure if that james wilson waddle father was really david waddill and what hid fathers name and where we came from? scotland /ireland/england?lots of spelling i came acrossed.. confused!! can you help me? thanks.. cuz..Lisa
~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Email address as posted - beauti8517@aol.com - failed as of 9-23-00. --eb

William - NY, USA

Lisa Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Blausten
My great grandfather was William Smith Waddell, born 1891 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn in NY, USA. He married Caroline Blausten of Long Island, NY. The only family history I have before that is that William's parents came from Scotland. I have no specifics as to their names, where in Scotland they came from, etc. If anyone has info to share/trade, please feel free to contact me.

Mockland County Scotland-USA

Raymond Waddell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waddell, Hunter
I am looking for information about my father's side of the family that resided in Mockland County, Scotland before immigrating to the US in 1906. My dad, Thomas King Waddell was one of 13 children who were born in Scotland and resided in the USA starting in West Virginia and then moving to Westmoreland County PA. I don't know very much information about the Peter Hatley Waddell side or his wife, Jane Hunter. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions