Search for content in message boards

Hawkins Brothers

Hawkins Brothers

Posted: 10 May 2006 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hawkins, Fuget, Ivey
I am looking for information on two Hawkins brothers who married Fuget sisters in NC in the mid-1800s. The sisters were Rossie Ludemia (Deamy) Fuget and Marian Debbie Fuget - daughters of Winney Ivey and William Fuget of Wilkes County. The names of the Hawkins brothers - I think - were John and Luther. The brothers were supposedly killed during the Civil War. Deamy and John had a son named Jesse and a daughter named Lucinda. Debbie and Luther had a son named Martin and possibly some other children. Jesse Hawkins is on the Guion Miller Roll - I think because his grandmother, Winney Ivey, was Cherokee. I do not have birth, death or marriage dates. Lucinda Hawkins was born in 1850, I think. If anyone has any information on any of these people, I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks so much.

Re: Hawkins Brothers

laura hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 9:31PM GMT
The Jessee hawkins in your posting is my great grandfather.Jesse was the father of greene and he was the father of Jesse my grandmother and she had Billy which is my dad.I have all the info from where the Hawkins settled in the yadkin valley and there decendents.If you e mail me your address I will send you a copy.Laura Hawkins

Lora Hawkins-Smith (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2006 1:32PM GMT
Laura,
Hi. I am Lora Ann Hawkins from Ferguson, Wilkes County, NC. I descend from:

(5) Jesse Hawkins & Sophia Hartley
(4) Kelly Sylvin Hawkins & Oma Triplett
(3) James Hade Hawkins & Ella Viola Hamby
(2) James Ira Hawkins & Linda Helen Walsh
(1) Me

I would love to have what you can share with me. I will gladly fill in the blanks from my descendancy if you would like and send you the info. along with anything else pertaining to the Hawkins'. Also, if you have photos and birth/death/marriage certificates, I would love those too.

Thank you for your willingness to share with us!

a cousin,

Lora Ann Hawkins-Smith

Posted: 5 Jun 2006 4:27AM GMT
Lora - Please contact me by email and we can share info. Thanks, Jeni

Jeni Neely (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 2:56AM GMT
Lora - Please contact me. You can click on my name and get my direct email. Thanks, Jeni

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 7:14PM GMT
The Jessee hawkins in your posting is my great grandfather.Jesse was the father of greene and he was the father of Jesse my grandmother and she had Billy which is my dad.I have all the info from where the Hawkins settled in the yadkin valley and there decendents.If you e mail me your address I will send you a copy.Laura Hawkins

Greene Hawkins was my Grandfather, my Mother was Mattie Hawkins Carson. Jessie Benfield was my aunt. If this is true we are first cousins. I haven't been able to find out much information on this side of the family. Richard Carson

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins
Laura and Richard: I would be glad to share info with you. I would love to have the info where the Hawkins family settled in the Yadkin Valley and their decendents. My email address is jeniln@comcast.net. Please email asap. Thanks. Jeni

Posted: 20 Feb 2007 6:19PM GMT
Hi Jeni,
I don't know why I didn't see your reply to me in June of 2006. I need your email address so I can contact you.

Thanks,

Lora Hawkins-Smith

Posted: 20 Feb 2007 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins
Lora - My email address is jeniln@comcast.net. Please contact me asap. Thanks. Jeni

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 4:46AM GMT
Are you still researching the Hawkins family? I would love to exchange info with you. I think we are cousins. Please contact me - my email address is jeniln@comcast.net.
Regards,
Jeni Neely
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions