Search for content in message boards

LOFTON

LOFTON

Pat Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for Thomas Lofton who was born in North Carolina around 1737. He died in North Carolina on 9-13-1794. He was married to a Frances ? from North Carolina. He was a Captain in the Revolutionary War and was at Fort Barrington during the war. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 6 Oct 2010 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Lofton
Information from book, "The Loftin (Lofton) Descendants"
1794 , NC, USA

Title: Will of Thomas Loftin
Author: Thomas Loftin
Note:
Several words I could not read. That is where you will find the blanks ( ___ ).

Repository:
Name: Nancy B. Bourgeois
Terrytown LA
70056-4101

Title: The Loftin (Lofton) Descendants
Author: Mable Lofton Stancil
Page: p. 26
Text: Thomas Loftin, b. ca 1737, d 1794, the oldest son of Benonia Loftin and his first wife. His descendants will be given in the next chapter.
Title: Will of Thomas Loftin
Author: Thomas Loftin
Note:
Several words I could not read. That is where you will find the blanks ( ___ ).
Page: p. 46
Text: Capt. Thomas Loftin, son of Benonia Loftin and his first wife, b. ca 1737, d. 1794. His will was probated in September Court, 1794, mentions his wife, Frances, and son Joseph as Executors. He died at Fort Barrington during the Revolutionary War. He was a Captain in the Revolutionary War, There are several records of people who served under him and places where he served.
"Major Forney attached himself to the company of Capt. John Weir, under orders to proceed to Wilmington. Capt. Thomas Loftin then took command in place of Capt. Weir, who had resigned and returned home. The Company proceeded to form several stations in the county, and arrested some suspected persons.
"Elisha Withers was drafted and served a tour of three months under Capt. Thomas Loftin and Lieut. Robert Shannon.
"Elisha Withers volunteered under Capt. Thomas Loftin and Lieut. Thomas McGee and was actively engaged in the 'horse service,' in several scouting expeditions until the close of the war."
The above paragarphs were taken from "Sketches of Western North Carolina - Historical and Biographical, The Revolutionary Period" by C.L. Hunter.

Re: LOFTON

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 4:27AM GMT
I have an ancestry book created by a cousin.Capt Lofton is
listed way down on my grandmother's ancestry chart.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic