Search for content in message boards

Clifford Family

Clifford Family

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clifford Sullivan
Looking for any long lost relatives with family tree info. Here are some names and dates to help see if anyone is related:

Grandfather: Michael Clifford b. 1899 C. Kerry, Ireland
Grandmother Hannah (Johanna) Sullivan b 1901 C.Kerry Irl.

Grandfathers extended:

His Father: Patrick Clifford b 1859
His Mother: Nora Sullivan b. 1861
His Grandfather: John Clifford b. 1815
Brothers: John, Mike, Pat
Sisters: Peg, Mary

Grandmothers Extended:

Her Father: Timothy Sullivan b.1880's
Her Mother: Mary Hurley b. 1880's
Sisters: Molly, Kate, Bridie, Liz, Shelia
Brothers: John, Brendan, Mike

Hopefully this helps, and a long lost relative reads this. My grandparents moved over to the U.S. and lived in Boston.

Re: Clifford Family

Sara (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 4:18AM GMT
Do you by chance know if there is a Martin B. Clifford, probably born between 1940 and 50 anywhere on your family tree?

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 1:50PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 9:29PM GMT
Hi Michael:

I thought I'd struck gold until I saw who wrote this. There are so many Sullivan, Clifford, Hurleys with the same names it get bewildering. I will e-mail you a copy of granpa and grandmother's birth and marriage certificates today if I can. You gave me more information than I had. Did you know that one of grandpa's (Michael) brothers was still living in Canada in the 60's. Don't know which one (do you?) but he visited when I was little and gave us all crosses (you weren't born yet). I vaguely remember him but he stuck in my mind so he must have been nice. Anyway, Michael came over from Ireland in April of 1916 and entered the country illegally until one of his sisters made him go up to Canada and enter legally. I have no idea when or how Hannah got here (do you?) Let me know.

Cathy

sara (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 5:56PM GMT
Martin B. Clifford is my boyfriend's father. He hasn't seen him since he was little and is 22 now. I think he might have lived in Colorado, but he also lived in California and may still be there if you know this name please reply! Thanks!

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 12:20AM GMT
Sara,

Sorry. The name does not ring a bell as far as my family goes. Good luck in your search.

Mike

joan rusk (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Clifford, Riordan, Griffin, Murphy
I have 1849 marriage certificate from Killorglin, Kerry, for John Patrick Clifford and Bridget Riordan. The witnesses at this marriage were Michael Riordan and John Sullivan. The bride and groom were parents of my great grandmother, Mary Clifford, who married Patrick Griffin. Mary and Patrick Griffin had 5 children, including a John and a Michael. Most of these children emigrated to Hartford, Connecticut.

Let's talk.

Joan Griffin Rusk

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 1:01PM GMT
Joan,

Do you know if Mary had a brother named Patrick as well??

Mike

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 9:29PM GMT
Hi Joan:

Do you happen to know if your great-great grandmother, Mary Clifford Griffin, had a brother named Patrick? I think he would have been younger than Mary but I'm getting a little confused so I am not sure. If she did, then I would say we are related and maybe we could share histories.

Keep in touch.

Cathy

joan rusk (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2001 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Clifford, Riordan, Griffin, Murphy
Cathy,

Here is what I know. Mary had brothers. One was a tailor in Tralee. Other brother(s) were in the British Navy.

Mary was born 9 years after the marriage of John Patrick Clifford and Bridgid Riordan. There must have been some kids in those 9 years, too.

Tell me about your Cliffords.

I will send you a gedcom file, too.

This could be interesting.

Joan

joan rusk (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2001 3:31AM GMT
Michael,

I don't know. She did have brothers, but I don't know their names. One was a tailor in Tralee and the other(s) were sailors in the British Navy.

Joan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions