Search for content in message boards

Cota in L.A. looking for original Cota's from Sinaloa de Leyva, Sinaloa, Mexico

Cota in L.A. looking for original Cota's from Sinaloa de Leyva, Sinaloa, Mexico

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 8:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cota Soto Ley Rubio Leon
I'm in Norwalk (Los Angeles), California trying to find out if anyone has family links to the Margarito Cota and his wife Ynes(Ines)Soto family from around Sinaloa de Leyva and Los Mochis. They had 19 children around the late 1800's and early 1900's. The story is told that 3 of the children went to California (Margarito II, Micalea, and ?). One of the 19 is my grandmother, Lorenza Cota she lived and died in Los Mochis if I'm correct back in the 1940's. I believe she was one of the youngest. She had 6 children. The first from a previous relationship. His name I believe is Alejandro. The other 5 where from my grandfather, a Chinese immigrant, Manuel Ley. Their children from eldest are Tomas Cota(deceased around the late 1970's)& a twin (died at birth), Ines Cota-Rubio (deceased around 2002), Maria Guadalupe Cota-Sholander(living in Norwalk, CA at age 82), and my father Juan Esteban Cota (living in Norwalk, CA at age 72). I know there are a lot of Cota's up and down California going back to Andres Cota and Angela Leon back in 1700's in El Fuerte, Sinaloa. Just trying to see if there are any connections. Thanks.

Re: Cota in L.A. looking for original Cota's from Sinaloa de Leyva, Sinaloa, Mexico

Posted: 17 Dec 2008 10:20AM GMT
my family is from mazatlan sinaloa close to los mochis my name is francisco cota am not sure if there might be any connection

Re: Cota in L.A. looking for original Cota's from Sinaloa de Leyva, Sinaloa, Mexico

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 1:50AM GMT
Francisco, what are some of your family particulars? What are some of the names of your relatives in Mexico? Maybe we can find a link. I'm in Norwalk (Los Angeles Area), California. What about you?

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 10:17PM GMT
My Great-Great-Grandfather=Gregorio Cota,Great-Great Grandmother was Agapita Soto, Son Luciano Soto Cota had a son Lorenzo Flores Cota born 1900 which is my father had three girls, Lorenzo had several sisters and brothers.
Also my Grandfather Luciano had several sisters and brothers; Beltrazar Cota,Pedro Cota, Ramon Cota, Estanislos,lasoras Cota, these are my Grandfather's brothers. Which are Soto.
If you need more information, I can ask my sister Margaret, she may have more answers for you. She has spent more time with our relatives on my father side.
thanks
Julia (Cota) Mirzaian

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 6:07AM GMT
Esteben, I just saw your entry dated March,17th,2007, I do you have any contact with relatives in LOS MOCHIS,SIN,MX? My Mother was born there in 1904, please advise if you know any of my following relatives or can you ask any one in LOS MOCHIS if they do.
My Mother's name: MARIA HERIBERTA ALVARADO, she married my dad who was an American citizen and emigrated with him to SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO, they were not accepted there by my dad's family so the evently ended up in SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO,CALIF,USA, both died there my Mother died in 1979 and I can not locate her family, the problem is I don't know the complete APELLIDO'S.
Her Mother FLORENTINA O JUANA ALVARADO, died in Los Mochis,Sin, near 1908.
Her Father RAFAEL O MANUEL RAFAEL ALVARADO, remarried to ROSENDA ALGONDA and they moved to MILPITAS/EL QUEMADO, which is about 30 north of MAZATLAN,SIN, my Mother had a brother names Juan, no other info on him, I have tried everything from the RED CROSS, the Catholic Church, Federal and State of Sinaloa, records and there is nothing, if you have any contact with relatives in LOS MOCHIS, can you please ask them if they know any of my Mother's family. Thanks and I hope to hear you. EDUARDO ALVARADO ROMERO STANTON,CALIFORNIA,USA.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 1:55AM GMT
Hello fellow Cota's. I live in Whittier Ca. My mothers maiden names are Norzagaray Cota. I have gone to Mx all my life to current. There is a small town "if you can even call it that" near Sinaloa de Leyva. It is called El Portugues de Norzagaray. I have my family tree down to my GGGrandfather Rodrigo Norzagaray who was married to Petra Cota. One of their children was Trinidad Norzagaray "my Great Grandfather". He married Elodia Cota. I also know Elodia Cota's father was Donacino Cota. He was probably born around 1870's. What I could say is that in that town "El Portugues de Norzagary" their is still alot of elders living their.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 2:18AM GMT
Thanks for your message, sorry but I don't know of any of the names in your message. My Mother was born in Los Mochis and for some reason no one can locate her records, I have alot of information but unable to locate her family. Have you tried Meta Surname Search, good luck and I hope our locate all the family members that you are searching for.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 2:56AM GMT
Thank's, I will try Meta. My mom tells me there was also a lot of Cota's that originated out of "Agua Caliente de Cota". That's why it's named after Cota. It is also near Sinaloa de Leyva. Thank's again and good luck with your search.

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 10:35AM GMT
Surnames: Cota
Julia,

Thanks for the information on your family. What part of Mexico/Sinaloa are they from?

Esteban

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 12:34AM GMT
Hello, Just wanted to give you some info on Maria Lorenza Cota. Just in case you don't have it. Your grandmother Lorenza was born in a town call "La Cueva de Cota" she was born on 8/14/1893 and babtized on 9/1893 in Sinaloa De Leyva in the church San Felipe y Santiago. You know her parents were Margarito and Ines. Well FYI your Great Great Grandparents are Agapito Cota & Maria Micaela Perea on Margaritos side. Ines Sotos parents were Jesus Araujo y Teodora Soto. I found this info while looking for my ancestors and I remembered these names :) I thought this some valueable info to share with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions