Search for content in message boards

hennessy

Posted: 7 Nov 2008 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
james hennessy was married mary barry in bandon co. cork abt. 1865
5 children catherine , ellen , john, james, bridget.
bridget married john o'connell.1891. children walter, oscar, irene, kathleen, jack.

Re: hennessy

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 8:14PM GMT
Hello,
Do you have further information on where John ended up? Possible that he went to NYC? If have information on O'connel's and driscoll connection with Henessy in NYC with children with the name of Irene born in the 1930's.

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 6:34PM GMT
John o'Connell lived in Passage West county Cork Ireland.
his daughter Irene was born in cork 1907. The Hennessys from bandon county cork lived in eldent lane New York in 1921. John O'Connell married Bridget Hennessy.

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 7:30PM GMT
I hope this email finds you well and thanks for returning the information so quickly. Do you know if the following is correct? Did you know of Kathleen Cotter?

Kathleen Frances Cotter
Maiden Name Kathleen Frances O’Connell
Her Father’s name was John Thomas O’Connell
Her Mothers Name was Bridget Hennessey
I found Kathleen Cotter lived at 11421 Woodhaven, Queens, NY
Born Jan 28, 1904
Died May 19 1980
Buried St. John Cemetery in NY 718-284-4520
Row P #263
112-34-1935

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 11:59PM GMT
Thank you for your email. Yes I did know kathleen Cotter, she was my aunt. She was my mother "Irene" sister. Kathleen and her husband Willy Joe Cotter lived at 7419 93rd Ave, woodhaven , long Island New York. They had an adopted daughter named eileen. Your information seems to be correct. We can assume we are speaking about the same person. I am very glad to have established a connection to my family. I would love to know who I am communicating with? My name is Liam Healy. Son of Irene Healy nee O'connell. Grandson Of Bridget O'Connell nee Hennessy.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 2:13AM GMT
Hi Liam, my name is Christine. I am the daughter of Irene Hennessey. I am the youngest of 8 children. If we are related, you have lots of extended family. You totally have made my day!! I have been looking for years into my mom's family and perhaps you will be the key to the mystery.

Kathleen Cotter may be related to our family, and if not related and important person in my mom's history. My mom, Irene was born in 1933. Her father was John Hennessy and her mother was Nora Bulman. Nora and Kathleen were related or friends. This is where the story just begins which also includes adoption.

I am hoping that perhaps your Aunt Kathleen may have told you of Nora Bulman and Nora's daughter Irene Hennessey? If you don't mind I can start in the beginning.
Both Nora and her brother Robert Bulman came to NYC from Cork and lived with their aunt Hannah O'Connell on 88th st. Woodhaven abt 1929.
Nora and John Hennessey had Irene in 1933, they don't appear to have married.
In 1937, Nora gave Irene away when she was 4 years old. Kathleen Cotter was the signatory witness on the notarized paperwork.
I could never find any information after 1937 on what happened to Nora. Did Nora die, move back to IRE, get married and have more children?
I hope that perhaps your Aunt Kathleen or your mother shared this story and perhaps some information that I could share with my mother. I know adoptions and such weren't so much discussed, but any information would be incredible to find us related or information that lead to the events in 1937. Can you help?
Best, Christine.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 9:13AM GMT
Hi Christine, very glad to hear from you. Kathleen Cotter, nee O'Connell is certainly related to the Hennessys. I also know that Nora bulman existed. I often visit the Bulman's house in Cork City to collect parcels, which my mother would bring to N.Y. when she visited Kathleen. I have done no research on the bulman side, but I will try to gather some information for you. It would appear that the O'Connell's are related to the Bulman's. I wonder where the name Irene is coming from? There was also a Mary Hennessy married to Jim O'Rielly who lived in N.Y. My Email is healyfloor@yahoo.co.uk. I am afraid all of the people with knowledge of the familys are no longer with us.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic