Search for content in message boards

Urycz from Harta

Urycz from Harta

Posted: 19 May 2012 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Urycz / Szpyrka
Researching my great-grandfather, Ladislau Urycz born 29 Mar 1887 in Harta, Galicia (Poland). He was married to Thekla Szpyrka born 3 Jul 1890 in Krasne, Galicia (Poland). Both emigrated to Pennsylvania coal country.

Having difficulty finding records on Harta Krasne. I have the ellis island records. I am also wondering if there is a connection between the last name Urycz and the town in Ukraine.

Re: Urycz from Harta

Posted: 20 May 2012 4:13AM GMT
have the name Urycz on some documents, Harta is the town next to my family..........you can contact me.........
toomanycrafts@verizon.net

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 9:46PM GMT
My maternal grandmother Ludwika KUSTRA Socha was born in Harta about 1889. My mother, Jane SOCHA Szajna, told me that her mother came to this country about 1910 to Chicopee, Massachusetts. She was coming to stay with her friend from Harta whose last name was Urycz or Uryc. My grandparents were married in Manchester, New Hampshire in October of 1912. My mother was born in August, 1913 and her godmother's name was Uryc. My mother said her mother had relatives from Harta who lived in Pennsylvania.

I agree that it is difficult to find the records for Harta. They don't seem to be at the Archives in Rzeszow. I believe they may still be at a local church. Either one in Harta or a neighboring town. My grandfather, Stanislaw Socha, came from a town next to Harta, Piatkowa, and records going back to the 1700s are at the Archives in Rzeszow. I was also able to find him in the Ellis Island records although he was listed under Locha rather than Socha because of the handwriting. No such luck finding my grandmother, Ludwika Kustra, in those records.

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 4:19AM GMT
I don't know how I missed the post...........I have info from Nozdrzec, town next to Harta, there are baptism records there and you can search on a Polish web site, I have found my family back to the 1700's and even have many documents...........contact me if you like at toomanycrafts@verion.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions