Search for content in message boards

Original 8 Settlers of St. Joseph Kingsbridge, Ashfield, Ontario1839

Original 8 Settlers of St. Joseph Kingsbridge, Ashfield, Ontario1839

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dean, Finn, Flynn, King, O'Connor, O'Keefe, Sullivan
Any information on the first 8 Original Settlers of 1839
John Dean, John Finn, Jeremiah Flynn, Morgan King, John O'Connor, Cornelius O'Keefe, Thomas Sullivan, John Sullivan.
Interested in Mostly the Sullivan's ( John )
I have some information but would really like to know if anyone has more....

Re: Original 8 Settlers of St. Joseph Kingsbridge, Ashfield, Ontario1839

Posted: 4 Jan 2008 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Dean
I am the great grandaughter of John Dean , one of the eight original settlers ,
I have the book of Ashfield[1842] and the death book and a small book on baptism but not complete
how can i help / off line at platinum46@hotmail.com
or otherwise nice to know you Connie
regards Gloria
my people are Dean/ deen/ Deans/ Sullivans , Hogan, Dalton /, O'Neill /O'Leary,and a few more
regards Gloria Dean
Bowler Austin

Posted: 4 Jan 2008 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Dean, Finn, Sullivan
Connie my aunt Mary Dean was a Finn [maiden name]her sister Caithern was married to John E .Sullivan
i also have many Sullivans [5 are John ], where do you connect Connie
regards Gloria

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: King, Lane, Sullivan, Shea, Howard
Hello,
My name is Eugene Frayne. I live in Kingsbridge and have some knowledge on it's history. There are several descendants of the first eight settlers still in the area. I am a Great great great great grandson of Morgan King and Julia Lane. All of these men came from Co. Kerry, Ireland. I have a feeling the John Sullivan you are looking for was born about 1785 and married to Mary Shea. The John Sullivan of the first eight settlers was Thomas Sullivan's brother and they were the sons of Jeremiah and Mary (Howard) Sullivan. Whatever the case, I have information on both of these families and would be happy to give it to you.

Eugene Frayne

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Dean, Nightly, O'Neil
hello Jean , thank you for your welcomed reply . what do you know abt John Dean one of the 8 original pioneers ?
I have been to Kingsbridge in 2005 , but there is not to much for books anymore at Saint Joseph's .I looked for my gggrandparents according to there obits but they are no stones there in the cementery . any ideas off line at platinum46@hotmail.com
regards Gloria Dean great grandaughter of John Dean and Mary Nightly greatgrandaughter of Michael Dean and Abigail O'Neil Dean

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Knightly, Sheehan, Wallas
I have no info on them but I am interested in John and Johanna (Sheehan) Knightly who I believe came to Ashfield around 1844. They are my ggg grandparents. They had a daughter born there, also Johanna, who married a Patrick Wallace in 1875. I specifically trying to trace the Knightly family back to Ireland as I will be visting there this summer. They came from Co. Kerry. Thanks!

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Knightly
Eugene,

Your reply was interesting. Please see my post requesting information on the Knightly family which I believe arrived there around 1844.

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2009 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Shea
Eugene, I would love what ever information you have on the John Sullivan and Mary shea family, also the other line as well..

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 12:13PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
I have quite a bit of info about the settling of Kingsbridge. My aunt, Sr Dolorosa Sullivan wrote her master's thesis about the settling of that area.
If you're still checking this site, send me a message at jimjoy1951@yahoo.com.

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 2:42PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2013 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Smudski
My husband is related to the John Sullivan line through his son Daniel E. Sullivan who settled in Ishpeming Michigan. His son John Francis Sullivan is my husbands great grandfather, his daughter Mary Elizabeth Sullivan is his grandmother, her daughter Nancy Antionette Smudski is his mother. Have a little information but not much. Would like some assistance with this line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions