Search for content in message boards

Cole family history

Cole family history

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole-Douglas-Bailey
My grandfather was William Sylvester Cole- his father was Charles Herman Cole - his mother was Mary Ellen Douglas. Charles Herman Cole-born in 1876 & died on Dec.11,1923. Mary Ellen Douglas- born in 1872 & died Dec.15,1928. Charles Herman Cole had a sister - Mary Ann Cole, as known as Ma Minnie or Aunt Minnie- born on Jan.1,1874- died on Feb.4,1953. Mary Ann Cole married William Monroe Douglas- born- n/a - died on Aug.5,1924. William Monroe Douglas(brother to Mary Ellen Douglas) & Mary Ann Cole (sister to Charles Herman Cole) were the parents of 12 children including Albert & Eli Douglas.
My grandfather, William Sylvester Cole married Rosalie Bailey-KY area-born on July 24,1908- died on April 13,2000. Rosalie Bailey was the daughter of Joshua Lewis Bailey- born on Aug.18,1877-died on Dec.1,1931- and Lizzie Janet Humphrey-born on Aug.28,1887- died on Aug.28,1918. William Sylvester Cole- also known as Willie or Bill- and Rosalie Bailey had 11 children. If you know any info on any of these family members, please contact me. Thanks. God Bless.

Re: Cole family history

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 9:27PM GMT
Our family stories include being related to Jesse James & Cole Younger.
Also, Indian blood line, possibly Cherokee. Was told one of my grandmothers was in the Trail of Tears.
Would appreciate any information.
Most of the family came from Kentucky-Tennessee-North or South Carolina.
My grandfather, William Sylvester Cole's brother & sisters were -- Herman (Red), Elbert, George?, Myrtle, Tilda- also known as "T".
Thanks. God Bless.

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 3:39AM GMT
Hi Susan, I am researching my Cole line and some of your stuff sounded familiar. My family is from the same states, are supposed to be related to Cole Younger, and has Native roots also. I was also told that our blood was Cherokee. But after researching this line I believe it to be 1/2 Cherokee, and 1/2 Shawnee, Deleware, or Miami...
Anyway, I have too much info to list here, please email me if you want to swap info...thanks joemredthunder@aol.com

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 2:23AM GMT
I am interested in Cole youngers Native American roots.His father was Henry Washington YOunger and His mother was Bursheba Fristoe.His grandfather was Charles Lee Younger.His real name was Thomas Coleman Younger. I am related to this family. They were also related to the DALTONS. And later married into the welborns. I am interested in any Native American blood lines of this family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic