Search for content in message boards

Henry CARTER and Ann KIMBELL

Henry CARTER and Ann KIMBELL

Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Nov 2006 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: CARTER, KIMBELL
Henry CARTER married Ann KIMBELL November 1769 at Wardington Oxfordshire.

This appears to be the first entry of a CARTER in Wardington, so I have been looking elsewhere for
his birth and parents.

He was buried in Wardington in 1800 - no age given in the register.
I have looked in surrounding parishes in Oxfordshire - but no success.
I have checked the IGI (1993), Addendum (1997) and BVRI - but no obvious candidate.

However, in Ancestral File, there is an entry for this couple with many, many descendants: Henry is stated as being baptised in 1836 in Whaddon in Buckinghamshire the son of John and Jane CARTER.

How can I prove that the Henry CARTER baptised in 1736 in Whaddon is
the same as the Henry married in 1769 in Wardington?

I have looked at the Whaddon register for this period and cannot see
a burial for Henry or a marriage.

Is any one else interested in this family - I am happy to share
information and problems!

CARTER - Wardington

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2005 1:32AM GMT
Surnames: CARTER, WATTS, BLAKE
Rosemary,

I think you will find your elusive Henry CARTER and Ann KIMBELL at the website (URL) below.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/7251/gp45.html#hea...

Kindest Regards,
Fred Copeland

Re: CARTER - Wardington

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: CARTER
Update:

Henry CARTER married Ann KIMBELL on the 6th November 1769 at Wardington in Oxfordshire. (OFHS transcript)

This appears to be the first entry of a CARTER in Wardington, so I have been looking elsewhere for his birth and parents.

He was buried in Wardington in 1800 - no age given in the register.

No monumental inscription

And I can't find a will

I have looked in surrounding parishes in Oxfordshire - but no success.

I have checked the 1700-1750 Northamptonshire Baptism Index - no possible Henrys

I have checked the IGI and FamilySearch but no obvious candidate.

There is a Henry CARTER baptised at Black Bourton - nearly 30 miles away - on 22 April 1744 the son of Thomas CARTER and Jane. But he didn't get married there nor was he buried there. So where did he go? If he is my Henry he would be about 25 years old when he married - a good age.

However, in Ancestral File, there is an entry for this couple with many ancestors and descendants: Henry is stated as being born in Wardington and baptised in 1736 in Whaddon in Buckinghamshire the son of John and Jane CARTER who were from Great Horwood. This information is repeated numerous times in WorldConnect. One of Henry's grandsons went to Utah which is why I suspect so much detail is on the internet about him.

Some years ago I wrote to most of the submitters of the WorldConnect trees and asked where they got the details of Henry's birth from. Most didn't reply. Of those who did, all but one said - from other internet trees. And one said "someone" went to England and found the information.

Some trees even say Henry was born in 1747 in Wardington and then baptised in 1736 in Whaddon!

I have looked at the Whaddon register:
Henry CARTER baptised 22 Aug 1736 son of John CARTER, and Jane his wife

No banns were read for Henry CARTER, 1754-1790

No burial of Henry CARTER, 1735-1785

If he is my Henry he would be about 33 years old when he married - older than normal.

*So I have not been able to find any evidence that proves or disproves that the Henry CARTER born in Whaddon and the Henry CARTER marrying and being buried in Wardington, are the same person. They could be - nor not.*

Any help would be most gratefully received,

Rosemary
Northumberland UK

Email:rosemary@rprobert.co.uk

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 1:43PM GMT
Rosemary,

I have been unable to research for several years now due to granddaughter, work, and other commitments.

But I have been unable to document any information on Henry CARTER prior to him marrying Ann KIMBELL in Wardington.

Kind Regards,
Fred

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 3:00PM GMT
Hello Fred,
Good to hear from you again. No I haven't been able to make any further progress on this line either – hence my updated message.
Take care and keep warm,
Rosemary
rosemary@rprobert.co.uk
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions