Search for content in message boards

HOLLER / HOLLAR

HOLLER / HOLLAR

Posted: 23 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:05AM GMT

I have information on the HOLLER family from Catawba Co; mostly descendants of GILBERT HOLLER, and particularly ANDREW JACKSON HOLLER. Will be happy to help.

Sarah Elvira Hollar

Ed Chester (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hollar, Chester
Catawba County - Anyone have a listing for a Sarah Elvira Hollar - probably born in the late 1880-90s. Rumored to be Cherokee Indian. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Miller

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Miller
Do you have a Peter Miller in your file. Married Abegail Heffner Of Lincoln/Catawba Co, NC.
Found them on the 1880 census with 2 children
James R age 13
Minnie C age 4
Thanks Annie

Eli S Holler

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Holler, Heffner
Martha do you have an Eli S Holler in your files married
Harriet Heffner of Catawba Co, NC. They had 3 sons on the 1880 census records.
I posted the Miller note by mistake. Thank you.
Harriet was the daughter of Miles Heffner and wife Polly.

Eli S. Hollar

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hollar, Heffner, Shook
Eli Sanford Hollar was son of Franklin Alexander Hollar(b. ca. 1819) and Catherine Shook. He was born ca. 1850 in Catawba Co. He married Harriett Heffner 29 Dec 1870 in Catawba.

Franklin Alexander's father was John Hollar, Jr.(1783-1837) and Sally Sigmon. John, Jr. was son of John, Sr., thought to be born 1764 in Bucks Co. PA.to Zacharia Hollar & Anna Wannamaker Hollar, who came from Germany aboard The Loyal Judith in ca. 1742. This is questioned by many who believe John, Sr was son of Johannes Hollar(brother to Zacharia)and Sally Shue Hollar. Both Zacharia, Sr. and Johannes had sons named Zacharia and John)

Re: HOLLER / HOLLAR

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2004 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Holler
Martha ...could you give me some info on your Gilbert and Andrew's family line. thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Eli S. Hollar

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hollar- Huffman- Sigmon
Looking for Joe or Joseph Hollar or Holler b,abt 1852-55
married 1st Abagail Huffman b,abt 1855, her parents were
(Joseph Washington Huffman and Mary S Yount) 2nd too Frances C Sigmon b, abt 1858 (Sigmon was her married name) children were, Minnie H Hollar b,abt 1873, Quintus Hollar b,abt 1876, Alice D Hollar b, abt 1877, Corrie Belle or Carrie B Hollar b,abt 1877, Preston Vance Holler b,abt 1881, Ada A Holler b, abt 1883, Bessis M Holler b,abt 1886, Arthur Holler b,abt 1888, In the 1900 census (Catawba Co, NC) they had Grand-daughter Maudie L Holler b,abt 1899, Step-daughter Elia Sigmon b,abt 1887.
Can anyone help??
Thanks, Linda

Re: HOLLER / HOLLAR

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: HOLLAR HOLLER
I AM A GRANDDAUGHTER OF CHESIRE HOLLAR AND EXIE MAE SMITH HOLLAR. MY UNCLE WAS BOBBY LEE HOLLAR OF LENIOR N.C. MY MOTHER WAS MARY SUE POWERS AND I HAD ONE AUNT SARA SHIFFLET.MY UNCLE WAS BORN IN CATAWBA CO. MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN SHULLS HILLS N.C. GRAND MA WAS BORN IN CALDWELL CO.0AND MY MOTHER WS BORN INWATAUGA COANDY HOLLAR AND ELIZABETH HOLLAR ARE MY GREAT GRAND PARENTS. I ALSO HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YRS FOR INFO ON ANYONE IN THE FAMILY .PLEASE IF WE ARE FAMILY IN ANY WAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW . THANK YOU BARBARAZRD@AOL.COM

Re: Sarah Elvira Hollar

Posted: 19 Mar 2005 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: chester
Ed My name is LaMarr Chester, I am the gggggg-grandson of Thomas Chester/Sarah Cartmell. I've seen your postings for the last few years. My farther Norman Julius told me all my life that we had Indian blood in our line. WE would like to exchange family information with you. I am from Capt Thomas,then Thomas,Britton,Jessie P.,Theodore,Julius Leroy my grandfather.
Looking forward for your reply.

LaMarr and Carol Chester

Re: Eli S. Hollar

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: holler , sigmon
i have the list of children for quintus c holler and dora ellen sigmon. this is from my grandmother's bible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions