Search for content in message boards

James E. Woodhouse Bible

James E. Woodhouse Bible

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Woodhouse, Frost
James Edmond Woodhouse son of James M. Woodhouse and Sarah his wife was born Jan. 14th 1865.
Sallie Stevenson Frost daughter of John F. Frost and Sarah his wife was born July 6th 1868.
Johnnie Frost Woodhouse, son of James E. Woodhouse and Sallie his wife was born April 27th 1889.
Clinton Monroe Woodhouse son of James E. Woodhouse and Sallie his wife was born April 12th 1891.
Lucian Grady Woodhouse son of James E. Woodhouse and Sallie his wife was born Nov. 15th 1892.

Re: James E. Woodhouse Bible

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Frost Bray Wilkinson
amazing to stumble on this. I am a descendant of Sarah Stevenson Frost. Her sister Ella Victoria Frost married Phillip Northern Bray, they are my ggrandparents. I have much of this info in my family tree. My grandmother was born in Sligo NC, Currituck County. They knew the Woodhouse families for a long time. Are you a relation to Woodhouse? What other history do you have? What families?
Thank you
Sally Frost Walker French

Molly Baker (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 7:51PM GMT
Adeline Etheridge, a half-sister to my great-grandmother, born about 1849, daughter (apparently out-of-wedlock) of Polly Etheridge and Willoughby Etheridge, married 6/13/1886 to William Frost, son of John and Julia Frost. Adeline and William are buried on the old Ferebee farm on East Ridge Rd. near Sligo. Willoughby was married to Elizabeth Fentris who's mother was a Ferebee. Polly Etheridge married Richard Caton (variously spelled Caten, Cayton) in the 1850's.
Their daughter, Caroline, born about 1857-59, married Cosey (variously spelled Corsey, Cossey, Coursey) Sawyer, Their son, William Thomas Sawyer, married Sarah Jane Hubbard, daughter of Spence Hubbard and Mary Harrison. William and Sarah Jane are my grandparents. Sarah Jane's brother, Martin Harrison Hubbard, adopted as an adult by Peter and Melissa Burgess, had the store in Old Trap, Camden Co.

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkinson Frost walker
I was trying to find out more about the house that I live in. It is mentioned locally as the " Charles Reed Wilkinson house" on what was then Lovers Lane , winston-salem NC . The name has been changed to N. Stratford Rd. I cannot find out much about him but I believe that sally Frost walker may be a great-granddaugher. I would love to know more about him & his family. The house remains quite unchanged and I have a lovely 1923 photo of it .

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 9:16PM GMT
I don't understand why you are posting your query on the Currituck Co. board if your house is in Winston-Salem. Also, this particular thread dealt with the James E. Woodhouse Bible.

You should post your query on the Forsyth County board or a Wilkinson surname board if there is one.

Jean

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Walker Wilkinson Bray Frost
My maternal grandfather was Charles Reed Wilkinson. I am Sally Frost Walker. His only daughter was my mother. I am not sure what I can tell you about the house. I never lived there. I lived in California. I can tell you about his family a little bit if that is of interest. I never knew him, he died before I was born.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 12:03AM GMT
Answered a little on ancestry.com. Cousin sent me this one. I might also have photo of this house. My grandmother was quite the lady. I am Sally Frost Walker French. Would love to tell you what I can about my granparents. I have done quite a bit of genealogy on them. I didn't know my grandfather, he passed in 1936 in Atlanta GA before my mother married. I was born in California after WWII. My grandmother later moved to California. I would be happy to tell you about the family and show any pictures I might have of them at that time. Thanks for inquiring. Sally

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: wilkinson bray frost walker
Answered a little on ancestry.com. Cousin sent me this one. I might also have photo of this house. My grandmother was quite the lady. I am Sally Frost Walker French. Would love to tell you what I can about my granparents. I have done quite a bit of genealogy on them. I didn't know my grandfather, he passed in 1936 in Atlanta GA before my mother married. I was born in California after WWII. My grandmother later moved to California. I would be happy to tell you about the family and show any pictures I might have of them at that time. Thanks for inquiring. Sally

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 12:14PM GMT
I would love to know more. I would love to see any photos. I did see one of their daughter taken at the Childrens Home in Winston Salem . I wondered if your grandfather had been an architect or builder or what the reason was that the house is still named after him so many years later. Is there a better format than this to communicate? I suppose it is a little off the track of the original James E Woodhouse Bible. Thank you so much for responding, Janet

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Walker Wilkinson Bray Frost
Contact me at wilburshome2@yahoo.com. Far as I know he always worked for Woolworths and as a district manager when they moved to Atlanta. We can exchange photos so I can see what house we are talking about. Very interesting. I know my grandmother always loved her homes and may have built this one. You might be able to help me identify location of some of my photos with your photos, time wise. You know sometimes they don't put dates. Also Woodhouse is in my family tree too. My grandmother was born in Currituck County, in Snowden I believe. She was a Bray. Thank you. Sally
per page

Find a board about a specific topic