Search for content in message boards

Cemetery Lookup for Martha Wray

Cemetery Lookup for Martha Wray

Peggy Ingraham (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 4:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wray, Calvert
I have been trying to get a copy of the Giles County Cemetery Book , but have not found one. I would really like for someone who has a book to look for Martha Wray..Her husband John Wray has a monument at Mt Moriah, but Martha does not. I would also like to know at what cemetery the Calverts are buried. I would very much appreciate your help.
Peggy Ingraham

Re: Cemetery Lookup for Martha Wray

jane (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 6:07AM GMT
Peggy,

Unfortunately, I don't see your Martha Wray in the book anywhere.

There are Calverts listed in the Everbright Cemetery, Lynnwood Cemetery, and the Robertson Fork Cemetery.

Jane

Mike Watkins (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 12:54PM GMT
There are some Wrays at the Booth Chapel Cemetery outside Minor Hill TN. You can get the cemetery book from the Historical society located in the liberary at Pulaski. The cost is 30 dollars plus shipping. Their addy is PO Box 693 Pulaski, Tennessee/

Louise Parker (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 6:40PM GMT
My g-g-grandmother, Mary "Polly" (Calvert) Waller, was a sister to Martha (Calvert) Wray and I have some information which came from the Marshall County Historical Quarterly, Summer 1985. It comes from information CALVERT FAMILY - compiled by Donald C. Jeter:

Martha Calvert, b 1797, NC, bur Mt. Mariah C. P. Church Cemetery, Giles Co., TN, m John Wray, b 1796. His tombstone inscription reads: "John Wray, who was a native of Ireland, was educated at Cole-rain. Emigrated to U.S.A. 1816, became a member and minister of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church till his death 20 Dec 1856." Issue: Mary J. Wray, b a823, IL, d before 1856, m in Giles Co., TN, Robert Young, b 1817, TN. They moved to McNairy Co., TN. Issue: Martha S., b 1839; Mary Catherine, Lavinia W., b 1843; Nancy M., b 1845; Margaret Ann, b 1847; John R., b 1849; and Robert F., b 1851.

The information on the Calverts indicate that many of them were buried in the Old Bear Creek Cemetery, Marshall Co., TN.

My g-g-grandmother, Polly, married Phillip Waller and according to this same Marshall County information, they are both buried in Mt. Mariah Cemetery also.

If you think I can be of any further help to you, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions