Search for content in message boards

Searching for ANY info on Frank & Mary(Jensen)Nelson.HELP

Searching for ANY info on Frank & Mary(Jensen)Nelson.HELP

Julie Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 3:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson/Jensen/Larson/Nordell/Rosenbaum/Peterson
Hi everyone,I am desperatly looking for greatgrandparents on my granfathers side.My grandfather was Oscar C.Nelson. He was the baker from Milwaukee,Appelton,Mellen,Ashland. He had brothers- Walter,Alfred,Herman-sisters Sophie,Anna.He married my grandmother Martha Rose Nordell. My problem is I have no dates on frank or mary . I have found on LDS website but I really don't think they are the ones. Both Frank and Mary came to the u.s. on a ship as young children. Frank worked for the SOO Line RR.He died at a young age due to a horse kicking him in the chest. His wife was pregnant with twin girls. Later on she remarried a man -----Larson.I think the Larson man was a mail carrier. If any body out ther could possibly help me I sure will be gratefull. The other side of great grandparents is going along but now I have to tackle this empty puzzle. Can You Help Me!!!!!!!!! Julie in Alabama

Re: Searching for ANY info on Frank & Mary(Jensen)Nelson.HELP

sue kersten (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 4:38AM GMT
Hi Julie,
This may or may not be the Frank and Mary(altho I have it down as Marion) Jensen Nelson you are looking for but: Our gggrandfather's(Alonzo Bates from Waupaca County) grandson William Bates married an Anna Amelia Nelson -listed on marriage license as daughter of Frank and Marion Jensen Nelson. Anna was born April 27th, 1889 and died June 4th, 1914 in Saxeville, WI.(Waushara County) They were married May 18th, 1908.They had 2 children that we know of for sure- Guy and Leona-she died as an infant and Guy died around the age of 19. I don't have any info on her brothers or sisters tho-but never really looked too hard either. Seems like a pretty good coincidence that Anna was your grandfather's sister???

Julie Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2002 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Nelson/Jensen/Nordell/Rosenbaum/Larson
Hi Sue, Thank you so much for the information you have sent to me. I just recived another e-mail from a lady Patti Schroeder. She just told me that Anna was married to her gr.gr.grandfather's grandson. And now you are the gggrandchildren to my great aunt Anna. WOW!!!!! I am just overwhelmed. I can't wait to tell my Aunt Marge. Aunt Marge was Oscar Nelson's daughter. Oscar's father Frank Nelson is my great grandfather.And also Anna's brother !!! Never did i ever think this day would EVER come. Please write me more and i will send you more also. I think I am your great great niece? I have a hard time figuring stuff like that out. It's late already and my days start early but I will send you more info tommorrow. Thanks, Julie in Alabama

sue kersten (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2002 4:19AM GMT
Hi Julie,
I think we are more like cousins by marriage. Patti that wrote to you is my sister. William Bates, who was Anna's husband would have been our cousin-His father(Adamtha) was our great great uncle-his father(Alonzo) was our gggrandfather.Adamtha's sister Eva, was our ggrandmother. We were researching in Wautoma today in fact-didn't see anything on any of the other Nelsons you mentioned-other than Anna's parents being listed as Frank and Mary Nelson. If these are the same then I have Mary's maiden name as Jensen listed on William and Anna's marriage certificate. . We also have a picture of William and Anna together-she was very pretty.If you like I can send it to you at your e-mail address. She did not live long after her daughter died-only a bit over a year-her daughter died at about 15 days of age. Anna is buried at Saxeville- William we believe went on to live in Racine-as their son Guy died there-he was only around age 19 when he died--William may have remarried by then? Their line basically stopped when Guy died-as I think they were the only 2 children.
Small world after all-I am amazed at what we have found in our research. Will look forward to hearing more from you about you your family.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 9:03PM GMT
I don't know if you'll see this since your message is quite old. I ran across it while searching the Waushara County site. Were your Frank and Mary Nelson Danish? If so, I may have information. I believe that Frank is perhaps Frank C. Nelson, brother of my great-grandfather. If you see this, respond and let me know if they were Danish. I believe that they are the same family, and if so, I have a lot of information on the Nelson family, both in Wisconsin and in Denmark.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 4:00AM GMT
Hi,
My grandmother was one of the twins. They called her Dena, her twin was Mary or they called her Mamie. She got cancer and died early in life. She is buried in Union Grove, WI. My father Arnold Peterson was her only son. She had married Ruben Louis Peterson.
I would like to connect to some of Dena(Christiana)Nels on's brothers. Sarah(Anna)Nelson Russell too. Her twin Mamie Nelson Brandt didn't have any children. I have some pictures.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 4:06AM GMT
Hi,
This isn't the same Mary Jensen Nelson Larson that had 8 children. She lived in Saxeville, WI with Frank. I have many letters. She was Danish and I have postcards from her to Dena my grandmother.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 4:11AM GMT
Hi,
This isn't the same Mary Jensen Nelson Larson as Julie is talking about as it is my Great Grandmother and her daughter which is Oscar's sister is Dena Nelson and she had a twin Mamie Nelson Brandt.
Thanks anyway.

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 2:52AM GMT
Does anyone know where Frank and Mary are buried. I can't find information on Frank like what year he was born and died. I need information on Mary Jensen Nelson Larson like who was her family. I know she had alot of cousins in Saxeville, WI b/c I have pictures.

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 12:21AM GMT
I have a picture of a gravestone of Mary & John Jensen that I took when we went to see my great grandma's relatives
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions