Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: BANNISTER, MINTS, HOPKINS
E- MAIL ME IF YOUR LAST NAME IS BANNISTER MINTS OR HOPKINS

Re: the BANNISTER -MINTS- HOPKINS family

Posted: 5 Mar 2009 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: Bannister
My last name is nt neither one that is listed, but I related to the Bannister/Banister and Hopkins. I am from Culpeper, Virginia and is searching for some of the Bannister family. Abraham Banister was my great-great grandfather, he married Emily Dawson in 1869 and after her death in 1881; he married Emma Lee in 1888. His parents were Arthur and Abbey Bannister and his siblings were: Tabitha"Bertha" and Louisa Bannister. As far as I know he had the following children; John Lee, Arthur, Joseph Bannister; Margaret, Emily, Mary Elizabeth, Mollie and Laura Bannister. I hope that you can help me.

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 11:26AM GMT
Hello,

I am not sure if we have corresponded before but we are definitely kin. You are african american, correct? Abraham was my great x 3 grandfather. I am Nettie Smith's grandson whose mother was Mary Elizabeth Hopkins. I am from Abraham's second wife, Emma. I know this was posted a long time ago but I would love to see some of the information you have been able to find! Do you have any photographs that correlate??

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 11:40AM GMT
hello. I know that I am banister and hopkins

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 12:12AM GMT
Hello,
I was reading your message and I have putting together a Bannister on Abraham Bannister Family. He was married to Emily Dawson first on January 14, 1869 and had 3 boys, Arthur(my 2x grandfather), Joseph and John Lee and 4 girls Margaret, Emily, Mollie & Laura. After the death of his 1st wife, He married Emma Gray Lee on January 17, 1888, but they didn't have any children. Abrahma had a daughter named Mary Elizabeth Bannister, born March 12, 1899. All of this information was wrote in his bible. Please contact me on my email: barbaramcghee54@comcast.net or via phone 540-317-5068, we just might have the same family. I am also related to Hopkins, Adkins/Atkins, Simpson, and Gray. Some of the Banisters are located in Rochester, NY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic