Search for content in message boards

Boer War enlistments

Boer War enlistments

Posted: 10 Nov 2007 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: buckley
hello there i hope there is someone who could give me a hand with finding a john buckley dob 1865 nantwich cheshire uk.
i have been tryin to find info on my grd father but cannot find him after 1881 cen. someone said he could have gone to south africa to fight in the boer war. is there a list of people who enlisted, giving home address,and address of where they were stationed or lived. thnx for your time and help jacki buckley

Re: Boer War enlistments

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 10:34PM GMT
Any other details to go on here? Might see what i can dig up for you sometime today. Any ideas on where he enlisted. Might be he used a different name? Was he ever married? Parents names?

Posted: 15 Nov 2007 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: buckley
Hi, did some digging and found a site for listings of UK boer war personnel. Try this. A lot of John Buckleys and J Buckleys that might be worth looking into.

http://members.pcug.org.au/~croe/sotq/sotq_abw.cgi

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 11:45PM GMT
cheers for the tip. jacki b

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 12:28PM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: webster
hi ther found you on the off chance and i am looking for my grate grate grandfarther whome served in the boar war this as bean past to me by word of mouth so not mutch to go on i no i used to play with fore or five madals when i was about two or three and i am now 58 and doing my family tree and as you my no thiss is a long shoot but every littil helps

name of my grate grate grandfarther was.......mark smith...his farther was amos smith and all come frome around leed,s yorkshire if no from leed,s itselfe enny info on website,s to look at ect would be most gratfuul

i look forward to your reply
brian webster

Posted: 7 May 2009 11:30AM GMT
thanks for the reply and he must have enlisted in leeds and his wife was fanny ingham in 1883 june july august at st jude potteryfild hunslet leeds he lived at 1 oats yard hunslet leeds and this is wear he died in 1908 his date of birth was1860 leeds yorkshire in 1891 he lived at 4 oats yard hunslet leeds with his wife and son josep smith hope this can be of sum help i awate your reply asap......thanks

Posted: 7 May 2009 12:20PM GMT
hi ther try this web site

http://members.pcug.au/~croe/sotq-abw.cgi

i went on to it but be prepard for the long haul all the best spider

Posted: 7 May 2009 12:23PM GMT
thank for the info a grate site but a long haul and one possibl link

Posted: 8 May 2009 11:52AM GMT
thnx spider. gosh so many buckley's.. my j. buckley came from nantwich cheshire and lived at aston lane. and worked the farm.. he was born 1865. father john mother hanna charlesworth. do you think i may find him with this info?
mmmm
guess i give it a try.
haha
cheers
jacki b

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 11:42AM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: Bell
Hello
I am trying to out if Francis Joseph Bell enlisted in the second Boar war 1899 - 1902
He was born in 18882 at Rotherham and enlisted under age when 16, that is 1898/9.

I think before that date he was a Post office worker and may have been a linesman
Hope you can help

Many thanks
John Lindley
My E mail is:
jlindley41@sky.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions