Search for content in message boards

Dlugie/Nowosielce family research

Dlugie/Nowosielce family research

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 11:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 11:34AM GMT
I've been working on the family history of my grandfather Andrzej Pacek (b. 1879 in Nowosielce) and my grandmother Konstancja Burczyk (b. 1886 in Dlugie). Recent research in the Przemysl diocese archives has yielded a considerable amount of documentation in the form of birth, marriage, and death records for my family. Those documents show ties to a number of other families in the area. Among the surnames listed are: Bielen, Bogda, Burczyk, Forys, Kurpiel, Malek, Niemczyk, Pacek, Pietrzkiewicz, Tutak, Twardy, Wawrzynski, Wegrzyn.

I'd welcome contact from anyone researching these families, or others with ties to this area.

Dave P

Re: Dlugie/Nowosielce family research

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 10:08PM GMT
Surnames: Malek
My grandfather, Jan A. Malek came from Przemysl, Poland and I am looking for his ancestors in Poland.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:15PM GMT
Hi Brian,

There's a Jan Malek in my tree, but with an 1850's birth date he's not likely to be your grandfather. :)

Is that Przemysl origin certain? I ask, because if it's based on immigration or other official records from here in the US, his real origin could easily be Dlugie, or another village in the Przemysl area. (Church records for Dlugie are held in the Przemysl Diocese archives)

Can you shed a bit more light on other family members?

Dave P

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Malek Dzieza
Dave;

My grandfather, Jan (or John) A. Malek was born on December 25, 1886. Maybe your Jan Malek is his father or uncle? One of my aunts told me he came from Przemysl and had at least one brother. Jan married Katherine Dzieza in 1905. I believe they were married in the USA. I think Katherine was from the Katowice area. I would have to look that up again. They lived in Philadelphia, PA and had 9 children.

Did you do your research on a trip to Poland? Are the Przemysl diocese archives online or in a library somewhere?

Brian M.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 11:40PM GMT
All of my research was done by a professional researcher from Przemysl who I hired last year after reading a recommendation here on an Ancestry.com forum. It was the best single move I've done since I started trying to trace my family ties. I had no information at all about my Polish ancestors other than my grandparents names, and my tentative hunches on village origins and birth dates, based on a few scattered and confusing documents from here in the US. Three days of his research work in the Przemysl church archives gave me fully documented data (births, deaths, marriages) on dozens of family members, going back several more generations

The archives are not on line. They're kept under close control by an archivist who has reputation of being somewhat difficult to deal with. I've not made a trip to Poland yet, but I really want to do that in the next year or two.

Dave

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Malek
Dave;

Who was the researcher you used? I may have to hire him to find my ancestors in Poland.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 11:49PM GMT
His name is Maciej Orzechowski. Email address is: omaciej@wp.pl

I was very pleased with the work he did for me last year.

Dave P

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Tutak, Bobak, Pietrzkiewicz
I found some of my Tutak family members on your family tree, namely Wawrzyniec Tutak 1881 (he is my grandfather on my mother's side); Pawel Tutak; Justine Pietrzkiewicz; and the children of Wawrzyniec (Lawrence) Tutak and Mary (Bobak) Tutak. I just found out recently that I can access Ancestry.com in my local library. Plan to continue my searches as I have time.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 10:30AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2013 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Tutak
Thanks for the note. Good luck with your research. I believe that within the past year or so I've been contacted by someone else from the Tutak family. I'll go through my emails and see what I can find. Also, I'll look through my church documents to see if I have any direct references to Wawrzyniec.

Looks like the Paceks and Tutaks were fairly close neighbors in Dlugie, as they lived in houses 57 and 50 respectively.

Dave Pacek

Update: just noticed that a Wawrzyniec Tutak is listed as witness to the 1872 marriage of my great grandparents Antoni Burczyk and Franciszka Wegrzyn. He'll be a earlier generation, but definitely related.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 10:03PM GMT
So if I'm understanding this correctly, Franciszka Wegrzyn was married to Antoni Burczyka in 1872 and to Pawel Tutak in 1879. Is this the same woman?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic