Search for content in message boards

DAR Lookup

DAR Lookup

Marlene Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2004 9:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lounder
requesting a lookup for Eleanor ?b. abt 1787 in Ireland, wife of Thomas Henry Lounder (an Old Soldier of the Revolution). Thomas was born abt 1760 place unknown. d. 23 Aug 1842 at Greenwich Parish, Kings County, New Brunswick , Canada.Eleanor petitioned for and recieved one years pension from the King as a widow of an Old Soldier 13 Feb 1846.

Re: DAR Lookup

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Louder
Dear Marlene,
Did a patriot search for Louder without success. It looks like your ancestor may have been a soldier from Canada? If so, we do not have access to those men. DAR has only patriots fighting as American soldiers and their wives.
Sandy M.
This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board.

Marlene Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2004 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Lounder
Thanks Sandy! That means he was likely born in Nova Scotia. Apparently there was a Jacob Lounder who was at Cumberland Bay and a Peter Lounder at St. Croix in 1604-05 so I will see what I can find on their descendants. At least this gives me a more definite direction for my search!

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 5:34PM GMT
I am just starting research on Thomas Lounder, Marlene. How do you know his middle name and his death date? Why do you say Elinor/Eleanor was born in Ireland? Her pension application says that Thomas was 22 years older than she was when they married in 1798 in the parish of Kingston, and she was 64 years of age when she signed the application in January 1846.
Have you found any likely origin for Thomas yet? C'mon, Marlene, you've had nine years. :)
-- Best, Deacon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic