Search for content in message boards

Minerva Belle Brunson / Henry Sanderson / Harvey Decker (Deckard)

Minerva Belle Brunson / Henry Sanderson / Harvey Decker (Deckard)

Melissa Snow (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2001 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any info on my gg-grandparents. Minerva Belle Brunson (B 6-29-1875 / D 8-13-1948) married Henry Sanderson (D 1906) and had 2 sons. Arthur Dewey Sanderson and Alfred Russell Sanderson (my g-grandfather). It is believed that Alfred was born in Kentucky or Clarksville, TN but he raised his family in Vicksburg, MS. Any info would be great. Email at mlsnow@aol.com.

Re: Minerva Belle Brunson / Henry Sanderson / Harvey Decker (Deckard)

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 2:44AM GMT
If anyone has info on this query...my email has changed. Please send to imasnow@bellsouth.net

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Sanderson
Henry had two Daughters from another marriage. Dixie A. Sanderson, b. 1885 and Romie C Sanderson, B. 1890. Henry Married Minerva in 1894. Moved to Houston, Tennessee in 1900. I am not sure if Harvey Dewey Decker knew Minerva before she married Henry Sanderson. Harvey and Minerva both were in Clarksville at the same time. From the information I have, Harvey Married Alice Byers in 1897, Clarksville, Tennessee. Left her and ran off with Minerva in 1904. Harvey Dewey Decker and Minerva traveled to Mississippi and made a home there. Along the way they lived in Missouri, May have live in Arkansas, Louisiana and settled in Warren Co. Mississippi.

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 4:52AM GMT
William Henry Sanderson died 8 Mar 1904 in Clarksville, Tn and is buried in Cumberland City, Stewart County, Tn according to his obituary. He was 38 years old. Dixie died in 1905 in Clarksville and is also buried in Cumberland City, Tn, according to her obituary. She was 20 year old. Romie is a son, not a daughter. He was a paperhanger. He died Aug 23, 1926 of TB. He was 29 years old. He was married to Letha Hatcher. They had two sons, William and Charles. Charles died Feb 16, 1926. He was 1 month, 24 days old. Both Romie and Charles are buried in the Collier cemetery, Montgomery County, Tn.
I don't know who Henry's mother was, but his father, William, married Parlee Suggs in Christian County, Ky in 1868. As a child Parlee lived in the household of William Brunson in the 1850 Stewart County, Tn census. William Brunson's brother, Isaac K. Brunson was Minerva Belle Brunson's father. Parlee's mother, Pamela may have been William and Isaac's sister.

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 6:30AM GMT
Hi, Thank you.
I'm Harvey Dewey Decker's Great Granddaughter. I have been trying to locate his father John Decker and Harvey's Mother.
How are you related to Minera Belle? Is the spelling Brunson or Branson?
Ronda

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 5:23PM GMT
The name is Brunson. Minerva (Minnie) is a younger half sister to my ggrandfather, William Washington Brunson. Their father was Isaac K Brunson. William's mother was Elizabeth Heflin. Minnie's mother was Mary Perdue. I don't have information on Harvey's family, other than what I have seen when researching Minnie. I was interested in his two sons by Alice, so have enjoyed your posting of their families.
my email is sbrunsonchapman@cox.net
Sam

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 2:14PM GMT
Harvey's Two Sons:
Oscar Ryman Decker, Is my Grandfather. Had a Son Paul Ryman Decker who is my father.
Horace Lacy Decker, Is a Great Uncle who I never met.
My Father went to Vicksburg, Miss. and visit with one of Harvey and Minerva's Sons. He did a search and found Harvey's family. Harvey was missing when he went with Minerva. Then Oscar died in 1947 when my father was abt. 19 years of age in the Navy. Had to come home to bury him.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 2:32PM GMT
Harvey and Minnie's children. do you know much of them.
In Harvey's obits mentioned a Enoch Mullens. I don't find her in any of the census. I found Ruthie, Mable E., and Louis E.
I was thinking that Mable's middle name was Enoch.
Ronda

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 7:43PM GMT
I don't have anything on Ruthie. Not sure if she is Henry's or Harveys. I have Mary born Jan 11, 1907 and died on Jul 12, 1999. She first married Ruby Daily. I don't know if he died or they divorced. They had two children, Nora Lee and Kirby Andrew. Kirby was born Oct 18, 1925 and died Jan 13, 2000 in Vicksburg. Mary later married Enoch Mullens. He was born Sep 24, 1901 and died Apr 1972. I have Louis born Jan 24 1912 and died Jun 1982 in Jackson, Hinds County, Ms. I believe Louis was Minnie and Harvey's only son. She had two sons by Henry. Arthur Dewey Sanderson and Alfred Russell Sanderson. Not sure if these dates are correct, but this is what I have in my notes.
Sam

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 3:11PM GMT
Ruthie Decker was born 1907 Arkansas.
Mable E. Decker was born 1909, Louisiana
Lewis E. Decker was born 1912, Mississippi
These children belong to Harvey and Minerva.
Arthur Dewey Sanderson, Born June 4, 1898, Died in 1935. He was married to Florence E. Hennessee.Has two children Flora Mae Sanderson and Margaret. Divoriced Florence and joined the Service and died in 1935 buried in Vicksburg Cem. Vicksburg, Mississippi.
Alfred Russell Sanderson, Born Aug 3, 1900. Died March 1983.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions