Search for content in message boards

Canadian Expeditionary Force 71st Regiment WW1

Canadian Expeditionary Force 71st Regiment WW1

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to trace my Grandfather Samuel John Kendrick who I think joined the Canadian Expeditionary Force in 1917 in Ontario. He was originally from Ireland and travelled to Canada as one of the "Home Children". Is it possible to get his full record as I have his enlistment record but I would like to find out did he return to Ireland after the war or did he go back to Canada

Re: Canadian Expeditionary Force 71st Regiment WW1

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 1:52AM GMT
Hello

His service file is available. If you go here it explains how to order a copy: http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-119....

Or you can get someone to photograph the file for you. It's quicker. I can do this for you for a small fee. I can be reached at dannybou AT gmail DOT com if it interests you.

Danny

Re: Canadian Expeditionary Force 71st Regiment WW1

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 7:41PM GMT
Just as a matter of clarification, most of the infantry units in the CEF were Battalions, not Regiments.

Ordering service files from LAC should not take too long, and the cost - usually - is reasonable, about $20 + shipping. Hiring someone to do this for you isn't really necessary. Moreover, now when someone orders a copy of a file, LAC will digitize it and put it online for everyone to access.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions