Lewis Hotel Training School

Lewis Hotel Training School

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 2:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
This post was deleted by the author on 27 May 2012 10:44PM GMT

Re: Lewis Hotel Training School

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 2:33AM GMT
There are over 1500 references to the school in the back editions of the Washington Post. They date from the 1920s to the 1970s or so. It appears to have started out as a small 7-month school located on New York Avenue, but it grew over the years and became somewhat prestigious. Many of the newspaper references are ads, many list the names of grads, and some document the growth of the school. I copied a few of the articles of potential interest, but you forgot to leave an email address where the articles could be sent. If interested, respond with your email address and I will forward.

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 6:02AM GMT
The school was located at 2301 Pennsylvania Avenue at one point, and it also offered correspondence/home study courses. The Library of Congress has copies of some of the proprietary textbooks used.

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 9:31PM GMT
I attended and graduated from Lewis Hotel School in New York city. It was on Broadway in lower Manhattan and the year was about 1967. In seemed to specialized in training young people from Europe who's parents were hotel owners. I remember the director of the school was Frank Foley and he died of a heart attack about 1973 in Marco Island Fl.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions