Search for content in message boards

tkacz

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
searching for any info Tkacz from Wislok Welikiy
Posted: 18 Jan 2014 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2014 4:29AM GMT
Diane, recently my wife Rosemarie received her grandfather Johannes (John) Harahuc's Baptism/Confirmation paper. In this paper she has discovered that his father's name was Stefan who married Eva Tkacz who was the daughter of Nicolai Tkacz and Catherine Jerek or Terek not sure. The village of John's birth and parish is Wislok Nyzinyj (Upper Wislok) located in the district/county of Sanok, and belonged to the Archdiocese of Peremyshl. This is the all of the information that I have for the surname Tkacz. I am also looking for any information regarding Tkacz from Wislok Welikiy and/or Wislok Nyzinyj.

Posted: 18 Jan 2014 7:36PM GMT
I am so happy to hear from you! Wow! I have been doing lots of research for villages Wislok Welikiy and others in the same area. My cousin on her grandfatheres side was a Tkasz and I have done a family tree for her so am very familiar with the surnames of this village. Her great grandparents were Nicolai Tkacz and Catherine Terek. I have a baptismal certificate for when my cousins father and his brother went to Canada. There were other Tkacz that went to America , Osyp Tkacz(Josef),son of Nikolai and Catherine, was married to Paraska Feszanicz(from Czystohorb) and this is my side of the family. They had three children but paraska went to America and the left her children behind with her mother. Osyp had gone first and then sent for his wife and children but only Paraska went. I have not been able to find out what happened to Osyp. I do know that Paraska remarried? and she lived in NOrthampton PA. There were no children only 3 step daughters. paraska died there in 1951. Probably Osyp died much earlier but so far no records. Also there was a daughter who died in Czystohorb but the 2 sons Paul Tkacz and George Tkacz ended up not untill 1927? in Windsor,Ontario and lived there for the rest of their lives. I also have a family tree that I did for the Tkacz from Wislok Welikiy. There is a film from the Family Search.org site and I have it . Births, Marriages,Deaths for early years.For Wislok Nizny there is hardly anything. The Village was destroyed by the Poles during the time when the ethnic cleansings were taking plaace 1944 - 1947 and also because of WW2 activity there. Now there is nothing. One church remains but is used by the Poles. I was there in 2010 and 2011 and hope to go again soon. I have photos and information if you would like. Please can you send me more detail and I will find the Tkacz information. Also names Halenda,Rependa, Sopinka, Kapelukh etc etc. Wislok was once a huge village. There was required 2 churches. One of them burned down. Only St. Onufriy remains. There is a small museum in the attic. Please write back and I will help you . Also there is some information in the State Archives in Przemysl in Poland that they have some wislok information . Many pages from all the greek Catholic church records are missing because the Poles had a bonfire with the pages but much was saved and also stored in other places.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic