Search for content in message boards

Looking For Burns Relatives/West Virginia

Looking For Burns Relatives/West Virginia

Jackie Burns Kuhl (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2000 6:37AM GMT
My name is Jacqueline Burns born to Fred A.Burns born in 1888 and died in 1981, mother Sara Elizabeth Pittsenbarger Burns. My father had sister name Ada and brothers named Ambrose, Carl and Ross that I can remember. Any relatives out there please contact me.

Burns-W.Va.

Orv (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 6:18PM GMT
Hi,any relation to Taylor Burns of Putnam-Lincoln Counties?

Burns in West Virginia

Jackie Kuhl (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 5:04AM GMT
Not that I know of, I am not sure as My father passed and I have very little to go on. The names I listed were the ones I knew of.

Burns Family of WV

Michelle Burns Tedder (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 9:08AM GMT
Hi, I too am looking for my father's family. I have his parents as Jack and Nola Marie Coakley Burns of Webster county, WV. I have his father as William Jack Burns who came from VA (but the whole state was VA at that time!!) and was the first Justice of the Peace of Webster Co. ANY INFO at all will be greatly appreciated. William Jack Burns was married to a A. McCourt.

Thanks,
Michelle

Marie Burns Tedder/West Virginia

Jackie Kuhl (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 9:39AM GMT
I really don't have any idea if there is any relationship there. I only know my father was born somewhere around white sulphur springs, don't know his parents name. I only remember his brothers Carl, Ambross, Ross and sister Ada (I believe married name Scott). I know Carl lived in Beckley but died in N.C. with one of his daughters. Ross had a son Jim. Ada had a daughter Helen Honaker whose daughter Mary Sue was Miss Beckley back in the 40's in the Miss West Virginia contest for Miss America. I think Helen and daughter's family live or have lived in North Carolina. Thats about all I have been able to find out so far. My family have all past away so I can't go to them for any genealogy information. If I find anything about your father being any relation, I will let you know. You can contact me at Jbk200100@cs.com if any of this sounds familiar to you.

Michelle/West Virginia

Jackie Kuhl (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 9:44AM GMT
Sorry in my reply I put Marie and I see it is Michelle.
I remember on of my cousins was name Bill but I don't know anything about his birth or anything.

Re: Burns Family of WV

E.W. Hodges (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2006 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm searching for Virginia Coakleys who are the same as West Va. Coakley, I feel sure. Everyone by that name eventually goes back to Ireland. I have done considerable research on the ancient ones of Ireland and England, have even written a book called They Came to Rockingham which includes their history to the 1500's and beyond. If you have early information to share would you contact me at P. O. Box 423, Forest, VA 24551 Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions