Search for content in message boards

LeBlanc (Bernard/Arsenault)

LeBlanc (Bernard/Arsenault)

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LeBlanc, Bernard, Arsenault
I am looking for help obtaining some additional info if possible regarding my maternal great-great grandmother specifically. I have really come to a wall at this point.

The name of my great-great grandmother - Mary/Marie Blanche Bernard (1871(PEI?)-1950(? - New Brunswick)).

Her parents, father = Joseph Bernard (Born PEI - parents Rufin Bernard & Suzanne - this is what I have been told by family) & her mother = Marie Aresnault (no other info).

She married Wilfred LeBlanc on Aug 18, 1889 in St. Paul de Kent. Wilfred's info: born 1868 New Brunswick, died 1956 New Brunswick & his parents are Thadee LeBlanc & Domithilde Johnson).

Wilfred & Blanche had my great grandmother Azelia (aka Zelia LeBlanc (1897 St. Marie de Kent - 1975 Moncton New Brunswick).

There has been an ongoing family discussion Blanche or her mother was a full blooded indian. Unsure on this information.

Any help with this would be VERY appreciated :)

If it helps, I have and I can email a picture of Blanche and Wilfred. Also, a copy of a eulogy supposedly of Blanche's father I believe (Joseph Bernard). I cannot read it for it is all in French, but I can connect the dots of the mentioned names.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Karrie

Re: LeBlanc (Bernard/Arsenault)

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Karrie,
Regarding a possible Mi'kmaq connection, have you considered having an mtDNA test done? The mtDNA genome is passed down from mother to daughter, and if your haplogroup is European this would disprove all those rumors once and for all. Of course, a Native American haplogroup would not necessarily tell us which maternal ancestor was of Native American origin and you would need to do further research.
Regards,
Maurice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic