Search for content in message boards

Johnson Co Historical Society Journal -- Wheeler

Johnson Co Historical Society Journal -- Wheeler

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 29 Sep 2011 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
I am looking for help looking up information from the Johnson County Historical Society Journal, Vol. Oct. 1981. The information is for: Lucy WHEELER, mentioned on page 16 in the Oct. 1981 volume. The author is Annita Wendell Powell. My great grandmother's name was Lucy Wheeler and she lived in Prairie Township, Johnson Co, around 1900. I'm hoping that this is the same Lucy Wheeler and that this will give me a hint as to what happened to her in the early 1900s. Thank you so very much to anyone who can help me with this request. It is much appreciated.

Re: Johnson Co Historical Society Journal -- Wheeler

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Oct 2011 1:56PM GMT
Reference: Johnson County Historical Society Journal, October 1981, Vol VII, No. 2, page 16.

The following info was a query in the journal from Marcella Wheeler, however it may not be too helpful to you. Its Lucy Wheeler's father is Thomas Wheeler, while yours is Richard R. Wheeler.

"MARCELLA WHEELER, 14862 U Plaza, Omaha, NE 68137 writes about a new organization, 'WHEELER COUSINS'. They are looking for descendants of THOMAS and ELIZABETH WHEELER of Bedford County, Virginia. They were born about 1736, children: John, born 1762; Lucy (Mrs Benjamin Borden); William; Benjamin; Peter; Thomas; Sally (Mrs Isaac Cundiff); Joel; Gabriel; Joicy (Mrs Charles Craig); and James B 1788. Some of their descendants went to Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas and other states. Anyone believing to be related should write to Ms Wheeler."

Re: Johnson Co Historical Society Journal -- Wheeler

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for checking on that for me. It's disappointing that the passage doesn't refer to my Lucy Wheeler, but at least I know now and I can eliminate that from my research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions