Search for content in message boards

The Kennedy Chronicles

The Kennedy Chronicles

Posted: 9 Jan 2006 4:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
In August of 2004 I was a member of a MSN Group called THE KENNEDY CHRONICLES. I corresponded with someone named Rick Gray, and with Mona Kennedy. They gave me a wonderful bunch of information on the Kennedy. family and cleared up a mystery we had in our Family Tree----------We knew that my husband's grandfather Robert Stubblefield had married Elizabeth (Betsy) Kennedy, and that their son, Thomas Jefferson also married 2 Kennedy ladies; first Martha who bore him 2 sons, and after she died he married her sister Mary Elizabeth Kennedy. We had wondered about the relationship between the Kennedy girls. Mona had found a posting of mine and wrote to me. Then I heard from Rick and discovered that our Caroline Pamela was also theirs. What fun!! Until then we knew nothing of the Kennedys ecxept their names. Then Mona and Rick invited me to join the Group. Shortly after that my computer crashed, and I got ill. When things were back to normal I was unable to establish contact again. I know that Robert's wife Elizabeth was a cousin to Tom's wives, and that they were all descended from James Kennedy and Elizabeth McClarey through their son Francis Herron Kennedy and wife Caroline Pamela Davis. Rick was ill in 2004. Now I can find nothing about the Group. If anyone can help please contact me -- and thanks for any help at all. Georgia Stubblefield

Re: The Kennedy Chronicles

Posted: 10 Mar 2006 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY, HERRON, MAWHINNEY, DICKSON
Hi Georgia, I haven't posted to this board before, but my family tree has some of the same names as yours. I am trying to find the ancestors and relatives of my ggg grandfather James MAWHINNEY, and his son Kennedy MAWHINNEY. It is likely that KENNEDY is a family name. The MAWHINNEYS married DICKSONS, and one descendant, Jane DICKSON, married John HERRON, son of schoolmaster John HERRON. Can you give me any approximate or actual birth, death or marriage dates of James Kennedy and his son Francis Herron Kennedy. Any idea where the HERRON came from? Thanks.
Ruth

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 2:46PM GMT
Ruth, I am the Rick Gray that Georgia referred to in her first post.

I have had to take some time off from my research due to illness and a death in the family. I just saw this posting today.

To answer some of your questions.

The Herron name came from I believe Francis Herron Kennedy's mother. For years we knew that James Kennedy (the father) had at least 2 wives. We did not know what the name of the first wife might be, but we have not determined it was most likely Herron - mostly due to a non-cuputive will filed in Mecklenburg County, NC where a James Herron leaves his sister, Mrs. Jas. Kennedy, custody of one of his children.

Also the Herron name shows up as a middle name for children in the next generations several times.

I would love to hear more about your family line. There is a Herron family researcher who is part of our family group - The Kennedy Chronicles - that might be able to help you some too. I will get her to look at this.

Rick Gray

Posted: 4 Jun 2007 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: HERRON, KENNEDY, MAWHINNEY, DICKSON, CAMPBELL
Thanks for taking the time to reply, Rick. My grandparents came to America in about 1920, so all of my HERRON, KENNEDY, MAWHINNEY, and DICKSON ancestors were located in Co. Down, Northern Ireland. They are all on my paternal grandmother's side, who also happens to be a CAMPBELL. Does the group mostly research family in the United States? My goal is trying to trace my family from Ireland back to Scotland, where I am sure they were all from. Some of your families undoubtedly came directly from Scotland to the New World. But I would be curious to know if any came by way of Rathfriland area, County Down. -Ruth

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 1:56AM GMT
Rick, would be interested in researching with your group, The Kennedy Chronicles. Is it still current?

Thanks, Janice

Posted: 1 Jul 2007 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Bigford
I too am trying to find any info i can on Kennedy's. I can not find anything past my grandfather. His name was Arthur James Kennedy and married Vera Bigford. Do you have any idea's of how i could find out any more info? DOes the Chronicles help all Kennedys or just certain ones? Thanks for any help.

Posted: 20 Aug 2007 5:46PM GMT
Hi Ruth
James Mawhinney is my gggrandfather and Kennedy Mawhinney is my ggrandfather,so if I can help in any specific way I shall try to do so. DO you know of Ken Campbell in Massachusetts who must be related to you and could also help?
Best wishes.
Kennedy Mawhinney

Posted: 21 Aug 2007 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Mawhinney, Campbell, Park, Dickson, Stranaghan
Hi Kennedy! It is really great to meet another cousin!
I think I have your name on a list of relatives that my great aunt Aggie (Campbell) Macauley helped me to gather.
I have been watching this Kennedy board because I thought my GGGrandfather must have been named after a relative with Kennedy as the surname. Do you have any idea where the name came from? My Great Uncle Kennedy who had traveled to America, fell ill, tried to return to Ireland, and died when the Lusitania sank in 1915. We are all descendents of Kennedy Mawhinney, son of James Mawhinney and Margaret Clydesdale. Kennedy had a brother named Robert, who I believe married Jane Park, daughter of John. Robert had a daughter, Mary Jane Mawhinney, who married Hugh Dickson, nephew of Kennedy's wife, Mary Elizabeth Dickson. Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

My father's first cousin gave me a family tree of the Campbells and Mawhinneys.

It was a really nice surprise to hear from you! Do you live in Ireland?

Ruth

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Miller
Rick, I am Jan Dunham still researching the Andrew Kennedy (first suicide on Cathey's Creek/Maury Co. TN) from SC who I believe married Priscilla Miller. I'm currently living in Nashville and want to look for more info on this Kennedy.
Jan

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy Dickson Coskery Croskery Coskrey
Hi Ruth,

My oldest know ancestor is John Coskrey born 1731 who married a Miss Kennedy in County Down Ireland. There are a number of Coskrey / Croskery/ Coskery families buried in the Clough Presbyterian Graveyard.
See my posts "Kennedy and Coskery/ Coskrey / Croskery Families buried at Clough Presbyterian Graveyard County Down Northern Ireland" Dated 10 March 2008 on the Kennedy Surname board.
Also see "Coskery/Croskery/ Coskrey and Kennedy Rrelationships" on the same date on Messageboards UK and Ireland Down General.

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me more information on this relationship.

The Town of Rathfriland is not very far from Clough

The name Dickson is also familiar as some of my ancestors married into that line as well.

Hope to hear from you,

Brent Coskery

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions