lupkiw/lupkow

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
This post was deleted by the author on 17 Jul 2013 2:26PM GMT

Re: lupkiw/lupkow

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 10:04PM GMT
Hi,
From time-frame you are looking for there are only marriages until 1872 in Przemysl state archives and births until 1897 in Sanok state archives. There are a lot of earlier records. Later records perhaps only in Komancza civil registry office.
There is also a kadaster map in Przemysl state archive from ~1850. I do not remeber if they have a table of house and land owners for that map but I think they should. If they do then you could find the exact place where the people you are looking for used to live.

Zbigniew

ps
I've been to Łupków a few times and I am going there in the end of January so may take pictures if you wish (the old village does not exists except the railway station, one old house and a few graves in the cemetery). There are about 3 or 4 new houses.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 11:11PM GMT
Thank you that would be amazing if you take any photos of
the village.. I missed Lupkow last time I was there.
But,the civil registry office in Komancza is it in the same building Gmina Komancza where is the archive office or is it at another place?
I am so frustrated that I do not know exactly what the woman at the archive office in Komancza has from the villages I am searching for information.
I definately need the dates of birth for my 2 Uncles,the brothers of my mother, for the monuments in the cemetery.
How can I get these for the years 1918 -1925 for Komancza.?
You have helped me so much with some great information!!!!
my e- mail is diannamelnyk@hotmail.com
Hopefully I can go in the spring or summer when the restoration will start at the cemetery in Czystohorb.
Is it possible to find phone numbers in Poland on-line?
I need to find family in North Poland around Bartoczyce area.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 11:40PM GMT
Hi,
There is no archive in Komancza. You propably were in the civil registry offie. Archives and civil registry offices work according to different rules. You can not access the records in civil registry offices (you can get transcript of records of your direct anestors only) and you can access the records yourself in state archives. If I were you I would just go there again on your next visit and tell the clerk why you need these dates. I am think she/he would stretch the law a little. I would also contact the church in Komancza, maybe they would be able to help (they just may know the clerk, and I observed a few cases in which state officers were "more cooperative" if asked by the priest :).
As for the phone numbers, I do not know any online databases. I used to have a phonebook for year 2004 but I would have to look for it. I'll try to do it tomorrow and write you back.
Zbigniew
per page

Find a board about a specific topic