Search for content in message boards

REED Family History

Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jun 2002 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Reed
I believe Newland was in Mitchell Co., NC in 1884 so you might have better luck posting this meassage on the Mitchell board.

REED Family History

Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: REED, RASH
I am searching for my wife's grandfather's family. Grandaddy, BUCKLEY RANDOLPH REED, was born in North Carolina on April 20, 1909. His father's name was ROBY ANDERSON REED and his mother's name was LUTISHA RASH. I believe Roby was involved in the logging business. Buckley passed away on February 3, 1996, and is buried in Louisville, Kentucky next to his father and mother. On his certificate of death Roby's birthplace is listed as Newland, North Carolina. ROBY ANDERSON REED was born on March 31, 1884. He fathered two children Buckley and HUBERT D. REED, also known as "Hub". I know that Roby and Hubert both worked in Kingsport, TN. Buckley was a strong and talented man, there was seemingly nothing he could not repair, build or grow and would certainly be considered a fine example of a Tar Heel man. Any help that I could recieve regarding Roby and Buckley's heritage would be greatly appreciated. They just don't make them like him anymore.

Re: REED Family History

Nathen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 2:43AM GMT
I have that family history in regards to Roby's wife Lutisha Rash

Re: REED Family History

Posted: 16 May 2013 2:29PM GMT
I am a stepgranddaughter of Grandaddy Reed. He was also an incredibly talented painter who taught me to paint landscapes. He was married to Rosa and had land in Louisville on which some of the founders of Taylorsville were buried. One of his daughters and her family lived in the house next door. They had a pond in their back yard from when the place used to be a public pool of some kind. He invented things too. One device I remember is a metal piece which hung on the side of your glass with a round piece that had holes in it, which functioned to push the ice down because he liked being able to drink without ice getting in the way. He made fantastic buckwheat pancakes. He had his art studio and garage of inventions downstairs in their basement.

Nana Reed made incredible blackberry cobblers. They had a patch of blackberries growing next to the house, where I picked them with her to make it. I still keep in touch with the family. Just happened to look up grandaddy's name today just for kicks and saw your post.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic