Search for content in message boards

Czajka - Wysoczany

Czajka - Wysoczany

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have Czajka relatives who lived in Bukowsko during the late 1800's. Prior, they lived in Wysoczany (1840s and before). They were originally Greek Catholic. The parents were Jędrzej Czajka and Eudokia (Terlecki) Czajka. They gave birth to a son Stefan while living in Wysoczany. Can anyone provide guidance as to where I might find Wysoczany records for birth, baptisms, marriages, deaths or military? I tried the LDS microfiche for Płonna but had no success.

Michael Czajka

Re: Czajka - Wysoczany

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 1:29PM GMT
Hi,
There are seperate records for Wysoczany in Plonna parish in the state archives in Przemysl for years 1785-1841 (marriages), 1784-1847 (births) and 1784-1841 (deaths) and 1849-1898 in Sanok state archives. LDS copied perhaps only the records for Plonna village (athough I have not seen them).
Zbigniew

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 2:39PM GMT
Thank you Zbigniew. As mentioned, I have reviewed the LDS micro fiche with no success. As well, my relative in Poland has written several times to the Civil Archive in Rzeszów-branch in Sanok and the Civil Archive in Przemysl. Both have found no record of the Czajka or Telecki (maiden name)family.

I am not clear but thought maybe that there are different records at the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine, L'viv Branch. Do you have any experience with what might be difference in these archives for Wysoczany?

Thank you.

Michael

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 9:01PM GMT
Hi,
The records in Przemysl and in Sanok are held by state archives (archiwum państwowe) and not civil registry offices (urząd stanu cywilnego) - maybe that is why your relative did not received any information from them. Then in state archives in Przemysl there are two fonds containing records from Plonna parish one is "records of a Greek-Cathoic parish in Plonne" (Akta stanu cywilnego Parafii Greckokatolickiej w Plonnej), fond 2082 and "archive of Greek-Catholic bishopric in Przemysl" (Archiwum Greckokatolickiego Biskupstwa w Przemyślu), fond 142. The second contains the records for Wysoczany. Mybe, if your reltive asked in the right archive he/she asked just to search the records for Plonne parish? Or maybe he/she asked the right question but they did not search the right set? You may consider asking them once more with the above information? It is of course most propable that they searched both sets as it is quite good archive. Are you sure that they were from Wysoczany? What is the source of information? Or maybe they were of different religion at that time?
I do not think you would find anything in Ukrainian archives on Wysoczany, although I am not sure what they have.
Zbigniew
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions