Search for content in message boards

Briggs family from Belmont County, Ohio

Briggs family from Belmont County, Ohio

Debra Abel (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2002 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2002 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: BRIGGS, FOX, MILHOAN
Hello, I am researching my family of Benjamin Franklin Briggs and Mary Ann Fox Briggs. Their son, Thordie Dee Briggs was born in Belmont county in 1892. Benjamin and Mary Ann were married in Belmont County in 1872. I know that Benjamin's parents were Franklin Briggs and Adalade ??, and Mary Ann Fox's parents were Matthias Fos and Elisabeth Milhoan. ANy information on these families would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Deb

Re: Briggs family from Belmont County, Ohio

GD Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2003 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Abel, Anker, Briggs, Wilson, Brown, Passmore, Spencer, Williams, White, Perdue, Maddock, Stubbs, Engle, etc.
Good Day:
Somehow, I believe We are related, My Briggs Lines, go back to James (The Elder) Scotland, whoose Son John marr a Brown, and came fr Penn, to Muskingum Co Ohio, Briggs Lines marr into Aitken's, Wilson's. Brown, etc
Please contact:

Regards:
The Sarge
GD Wilson
PO Box 476
Cambridge, Oh 43725-0476

DebraAbel (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2003 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Briggs/Fox
Hello--Thank you for contacting me. I hope we can find a connection with our Briggs family. I can go back Benjamin Briggs who was born in Ohio in 1796 and his wife was Adeline (Unknown) born in Ohio in 1814. I do not know who Benjamin's parents were. He was also known as Benjamin Franklin Briggs, his son Franklin was my great-great grandpa. I hope you can help me make a connection and find more on my Briggs family mystery. My Franklin married Mary Ann Fox in Belmont County in 1872. I always thought that my Briggs family must have come from Pa. On my one great-uncle's death records listed him as being of Irish-Scottish decent. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Deb Abel

Posted: 16 Jun 2006 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Anstett,Bolder,Hardebeck,Mayhew,Martin,Jones,Maurice,Hunter,Hawkins,Lovelace,McMasters,Spencer
I'm looking for info on a Matilda Spencer birth date is 1806+/- married to George Mayhew both might of been born in Belmont,Ohio. They had a son John Spencer Mayhew born 1832 birthplace Belmont,Ohio. John then moved to Bartholomew, Indiana . If you can help me I sure could use it, I have hit a brickwall on this one. Thank you!

Posted: 18 Jun 2006 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Mayhue Spencer
Scott,

In case you don't have it, Wes Cochran's transcription in Belmont Co., OH Marriages, 1803-1849 is:

George Mayhue & Matilda Spencer 27 Nov 1828.

Also more info. in Genealogical Records in Belmont Co., OH, Vol. 6, pg. 29:

George Mayhue and Matilda Spencer both of Somerset Twp. on 27 Nov 1828 by William Richarg (prob. a typo; Richard?) JP; voucher-not given; pg. 231 of Vol. 2 Belmont Co. Marriage Records.

Scott mayhew (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2006 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Anstett,Bolder,Hardebeck,Mayhew,Martin,Jones,Maurice,Hunter,Hawkins,Lovelace,McMasters,Spencer
Thank you I'll look in to it. Thank you again.

John & Mary (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2006 4:43AM GMT
Hello Are You Still Doing Research For Passmore Family Of Belmont Co Ohio Area My Great Aunt Is Clara Pittman Passmore And She Had 6 Children And Family Lives Today In Cambridge Ohio Beallsville Ohio Area Are You Related To My Grandmother Cora Sister Clara Pittman Passmore Family Also What Wilson Family Are You Related To Mine Came From Loudoun Virginia Then Monroe Ohio And My Brown Family Married Into Windland Family Thank You

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 3:56AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2007 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Briggs
I have Amanda PASSMORE that married Robert L BRIGGS, b. Jun 27, 1813, he was son/o Andrew and Eleanor (LINN/LYNN), Briggs, Amanda and Robert L. were marr Muskingum Co, Ohio, Sep 20, 1834.
I'll have to check on Her Parents fr Briggs Book.

Regards:
The Sarge
""Honor and Courage""

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2006 10:42PM GMT
Thank You For Writing Can You Tell Me Who Amanda Passmore Parents And Brother & Sister Name & Date My Pasmore Family Born In Belmont Ohio Thank You

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 4:43AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Briggs
Good Evening:
Give Me some time to Look at My Books, Ref BRIGGS Families, and let me try and figure Out, these Passmore Lines, if I can't I'll tell You either way. I have Brown, Crumbaker's Holt, Linn. Burrows, Barr, Finley, McCune, Wilson, Aithens, plus other Families Surnames, that married into BRIGGS Families, of Muskingum Co, Ohio.

Regards:
The Sarge
""Honor and Courage""
per page

Find a board about a specific topic