Search for content in message boards

keene family tree

keene family tree

shelia keene sizemore (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 4:35PM GMT
i am looking for keenes from kentucky or tenn my dad was mitchell keene his dad was willie keene. his dad was daniel. his dad was william .his dad was franklin

Re: keene family tree

Rhonda Parker (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keen-Cobb-Sanders-Lowery
Hi..I have Keene people. Do you happen to have any of these?

James Keene 1795 mar) Frances Cobb 1805 in 1819
..children:Zima 1841, Robert 1838, John 1836, Elizabeth 1834, Matilda 1833, Franklin 1832, Susan 1829, Zirna 1841 and Mary Nancy 1825 mar) Wm. Chaney 1822 in 1844. They had 6 children, my line was with their daughter Alice Frances (?) Chaney born 1859 died 1935 married Benjamin Franklin Sanders 1854-1925 in 1882 in Madison County, Ky. Their son, Albert David "Buster" Sanders 1884-1965 mar) Lizzie Lowery 1882-1925. Their son, wilbert Forest Sanders is my grandfather.
Thanks.

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 2:37AM GMT
hi ronda my keens came from ireland about 1776 to va , then to tenn, then to clay co ky iam sure that anderson keen was a kinsman but cant get the line right alot of williams in the past also my dad was born by midwife who put a e on keen so i just found out about a year ago that i am a keen not keene like i thought . hows that ,wild hun . ok how about u? shelia

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 4:56AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2002 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Keen(e), Honea(Honey), Alvis, Crites, Abrey, Gaff
I, too, feel that my ancestors were cousins or some relation to Anderson Keen. My great grandfather was John William Keen(e) (born ca 1830,TN,father born SC, mom born in NC) married Sarah Elizabeth Honea(Honey) in AL before the Civil War. They were back and forth to TN, then were listed in the 1880 Benton County, AR census.
I cannot find where they are buried, but have some information that I am willing to trade for your information. Many thanks! Judy Keene Gaff: jgaff@terraworld.net

Posted: 13 Dec 2005 3:11AM GMT
My GGGgrandfather was Anderson Keen, b. 1784 Franklin Co., Va.and married there. He moved to Grainger Co., Tn and then to Clay Co., Ky. I'm trying to find his parents...any ideas? Sandy

Posted: 4 Feb 2007 4:14AM GMT
My GG grandfather was Francis Keen, who was sometimes called Franklin. Could this be the same as your Franklin?
My Francis was born in TN in 1814 and had a son named William born in 1833. If this is a match I have other info on this family.

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Keene
I am related to the Willie Keene family of Pike county. willie Keene was my grandmother's brother.
Let me know some dates so we can work out the relationships.
Thanks.
mary Ann Reed

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 4:55PM GMT
Hi Judy,

I am looking for a John and Sarah Keene myself. The time lines with yours are right. If you could give me a listing of any children they had it may help me see if they are the connecting ones. Mine had Katherine, Waitie, Okie, and Daniel. Daniel was born about 1874 as he was 26 when he married in 1902. These people died somewhere in the VA/WV/KY area and are more than likely buried on a mountain somewhere here. If I had the names of some of your John's relatives it might help. Perhaps yours left AR and came back east to live with family members? I was told mine died of an illness/epidemic leaving their young children to be raised by his sister and her husband. I can't find them on the census records in this area and have no idea where to look elsewhere.

Share?

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 8:18PM GMT
What time frame are these ancestors from? My great grandfather, John William Keen, was born 1829 in TN but I don't know where. His father's name was William Keen and he was born 1797 in NC. I do not have any ancestors back further than William. He was married to Lucinda (Maiden name unknown) who was born in SC. Thank you so very much - I sure do hope that I can connect to your line!!! Do you have documentation like census records and birth and marriage certificates? Thanks again! Judy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions