Search for content in message boards

Chisolm Cemetery

Chisolm Cemetery

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know if it still exists? It was located behind Sarah Clayborn's property (off of Lancaster Rd.) in Chester County, S.C. and across the street from the old Pryor School.

Re: Chisolm Cemetery

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 12:55AM GMT
There is a Chisolm Family Burying Ground in Chester County,
South Carolina listed on the "Find A Grave" Website. It says there are 17 burials listed.

Cemetery notes and/or description:
Located about 8 miles east of Chester on land owned by Bob Betts. It is difficult to find.

Hope this helps,
Leanne

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 11:45AM GMT
Visit http://rootsweb.ancestry.com/~scoconee/Cemetery_GPS/12-chest... and click-on the Chisolm Family Cemetery "M" link. There you can get yourself a Google Street View, Map View & Satellite View of the cemetery area.

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:29PM GMT
i live right near that area, and drive by it everyday. The school is still there, and there is a drive beside it but i see no stones from the road. There are 2 houses behind the school also with people living there. Hope this helps. I occasionally see people parked beside the school. Wondering if they are visiting the cemetery or the school.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:02AM GMT
Thanks for the info. If driving away from Chester on Lancaster Road, Pryor School is on the left side of the road. The school was not used for teaching after 1956. I think that Pryor School may have been used to store hay in the 70's and 80's, but may now have been restored.

Chisholm Cemetery is on the opposite side of Lancaster Rd, and behind what used to be Sarah Clayborne Shannon's house and property. The house was about 50 yds from the highway. The grave yard appeared to be about another 50 yds. behind the house. I believe the house is gone now. You won't be able to see the headstones from the road. The cemetery was not well kept even 50 years ago. We went there occasionally when we were kids.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions