Posted: 12 Aug 2011 5:24AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 4 Sep 2012 3:41PM GMT

Re: Research Robert Debruce from France dob abt 1855

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Debruce
Need any help possible. For: Robert Debruce
Born abt.1855 came from Le Havre France to Ellis Island on the Canada arrived abt.05-05-1880. Believed to be related to Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland. I have hit a brick wall. I look forward to any help.

Re: Research

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 5:28PM GMT
I am interested in Robert Debruce born France abt.1859 I want to see if he can be traces back to French or Scottish royalty. Can you give me an estimate of cost. Thank you
Gina

Re: Research Robert Debruce from France dob abt 1855

Posted: 6 May 2012 7:42AM GMT
Hello Gina

This person arrived and settled in Canada? Whereabouts? In order to give you an estimate of hours, I would need to view your work so far. An online tree perhaps? Or could you email me your gedcom file here: dannybou AT gmail DOT com.

Danny

Re: Research Robert Debruce from France dob abt 1859

Posted: 9 May 2012 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: Debruce
Hi Danny,
I am kinda of new to all this so I will type the info that I do know. His name was Robert Debruce, (on the first census, from then on misspelled.) Estimated dob 6-1859 born in France, however I did learn that he also lived in Belgium for a time. He came to the USA on the SS Canada which arrived 5-5-1880. Official immigration 1884. Married Mary Jane 1883 she was US citizen. Enumeration District 0101-page 12-sheet A-family #239-reference #47-film #1241076-image. Thanks for your quick responce. I look forward to hearing from you. Also it was said his father was a count, however poor I believe.

Posted: 10 May 2012 2:02AM GMT
Hi

DeBruce is certainly not a common name in French. I have him in the 1900 census in NY State. You may try to find his naturalization petition to try to pinpoint his exact place of origin in France.

Danny

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:53PM GMT

Hello,
I have used your suggestion and have gotten in touch with the NY immigration dept. Hopefully this will answer some of my questions. Thanks again.
Gina

Posted: 12 May 2012 9:05PM GMT
I'm looking for the following records with the following people in Cicero, Illinois:

Anna Sachs (wife)-I have home address, if you need this.
???? Caputo (husband) I believe his first name to be either Carlo, Carlos, or Peter.

Marriage Record or license &/or Divorce Record

Unfortunately, I can't afford to hire someone, but you didn't specify if you do the research out of the kindness of your heart or if you charge.

Posted: 23 May 2012 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Robert Debruce
Hello,
I replied to you last August, however, I didn't get an answer to my query. Did you get the note that I sent you concerning a professional genealogist.
Thank you

Posted: 23 May 2012 9:37PM GMT
Hello,
I am so sorry if I mislead you, I too am looking for help. So far no answers. I wish you the best of luck.
Gina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions