Search for content in message boards

Wm H Johnson m Georgia E Harvey 1902 r Winn

Wm H Johnson m Georgia E Harvey 1902 r Winn

Posted: 4 Feb 2009 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson
William Herman Johnson was born in Rollingdam, NB in 1880 son of David Johnson and Isabella Carroll. He caem to Maine about 1892, first to New Gloucester, Cumberland County and late settling in Winn, Penobscot County.

He married Georgia E Harvey in 1902. They had three children Sadie 1903 Lloyd 1905 Agnes 1907. Neither Agnes nor Sadie married. Sadie died in 1989, Agnes in 2001. Lloyd died in 1963.

I don't know if Lloyd married or had children.

This family is related to my Johnsons--William's brother Oscar Johnson is my ancestor. One researcher of this family had gotten many names and dates from the sisters, years ago. I wonder if there had been a family bible or papers of some sort with history recorded. Now that they are both gone I wonder who might be the keeper of this information.

I'd like to know if Lloyd had any descendants and if anyone has the information that these two women held.

William D Romanski

Re: Wm H Johnson m Georgia E Harvey 1902 r Winn

Posted: 29 May 2013 12:05AM GMT
Hi, I'm about to upload information to my blog Heirlooms Reunited about an autograph album presented to Georgie E. Harvey in 1894. Sadly, a lot of the pages became detached before this came into my possession. The only pages are signed by Cassie A. Brehaut, Stella M. Dennison, Ellen R. Hart (not sure about surname) of South Winn, Maine and Julia Harvey, who might have been Georgie's mother??

If this is your Georgie E. Harvey, according to her Maine Marriage record, she was the daughter of Francis and Julia (Brown) Harvey, born in Saint John, NB, and Enfield, Maine, respectively. That record has Herman W. Johnson's parents as David and Isabel (Carle, not Carroll, but could have been misheard), both born at Dallas, Maine (not sure if this is the township near Rangeley Lake, or not.). Is this the same couple as you have? Considering your William was born at Rollingdam...

Posted: 29 May 2013 12:35AM GMT
Oh yes, indeed they are the same. I later found that same marriage record. I had always wondered if there were any papers left from the family, as they are known to have possessed much information about the family that is otherwise unknown and unattainable.

William D Romanski
Rhode Island

Posted: 29 May 2013 5:53PM GMT
Wish I could help but the album, what's left of it, is all that I have. Hope someone connects with you in the future. BTW, did you notice that the marriage record shows the groom as born in Dallas, too. Do you have a record that shows Rollingdam?

Posted: 30 May 2013 12:14AM GMT
Tradition has it that he was born in Rollingdam. His father David was born there in 1842 and lived there his whole life. He died in 1925.

He was the last of his siblings not to have a registered birth record. His younger brother and sister both have birth records registered in the Province of New Brunswick.

WDR

Posted: 30 May 2013 12:16AM GMT
Interesting... Is there a Dallas, New Brunswick? Maybe the clerk who recorded the marriage assumed Dallas was in Maine??

Posted: 30 May 2013 12:27AM GMT
There's no place near Rollingdam called Dallas, or anything similar. It is certainly a mistake. I've seen mistakes like this quite often on early Maine records. I just chalk it up to filling in information later that was either forgotten or not asked for.

WDR
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions