Clymer ancesters

Clymer ancesters

John Feldenzer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clymer

I'm looking Clymer ancesters,that migrated from
the Wales area.They are reputed to be distant cousins of
George Clymer that signed onto the U.S. constitution ?

Re: Clymer ancesters

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 4:34AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: harrison Coates rightley
I have been told that my grandmothers family were relation to George Clymer. Not that far into the history yet to be able to tell if it is fact or fiction. Something about the family being at Penn Treaty. My grandmothers name was Rebecca Harrison Rightley Johnson. Her mother was Jennie Coates Rightley. Her mother I believe was Rebecca Harrison Cook. Not sure which one had the connection. All my uncle said it took place way back on my grandmothers side.

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 12:18AM GMT
HELLO, I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I'M A RELATIVE OF GEORGE CLYMER THAT SIGNED THE DEC OF IND. MY GGRNDMA WAS SARAH JANE CLYMER & HER FA WAS JACOB CLYMER. SARAH WED A GEORGE LEWARK (LUARK) IN OHIO. HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND INFO ON THE CLYMERS. ARE YOU A RELATIVE OF THIS SET OF CLYMERS???

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 3:51AM GMT
Hi Carol
I am sorry I just heard from family that we were related to George Clymer..looks like through the messages that i have read in the clymer history.everyone has been told that though. I have not researched back far enough to discover if this is true. All I do know is my ancestory names through the mid 1800's. Those names are coates johnson rightley harrison and aikens. Mostly from the Pa area. If any of those names gives you any indication of a connection let me know. Thanks for responding and happy searching.

Mary Cole (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 10:53PM GMT
I am related to George Clymer (who signed the Declaration of Independence). George was a brother to Francis Clymer who was my great, great, great grandfather.

don soto (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2002 8:23PM GMT
contact me, i have 9 generations of family tree for Clymer

Posted: 20 May 2002 4:59AM GMT
Dear Sir,
My father worked for a Mr. George Clymer who claimed to be a decendant of George Clymer-a signer of the constitution. The Mr. Clymer my father worked for was well known in the United States for having started publication of Clymer Manuals which were manuals for fixing automobiles. Mr. Clymer married but never had children.

Claudia Lopez

Fred Miller (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2002 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Clymer, Miller
Hello Don, I'm looking for an Isaac Clymer who was born in 1802 in Pennsylvania and came to Michigan and died in Pine River Twp. Gratiot Co.St. Louis, Michigan. I have no death date. He was married to a Sarah Sutherland and they had 11 children, of which one of them is my gr-grandfather Henry Isaac Clymer. I would appreciate any info that you might have and I'm willing to share what ever info I have. Thank You, Fred Miller

Posted: 12 Nov 2004 3:22PM GMT
HELLO, SORRY IT TOOK SOOOO LONG TO REPLY BUT HAVE HAD ALOT OF THINGS HAPPENING, SOME GOOD AND SOME SAD. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR INFO ON THE CLYMERS TO SEE IF THE SAME FAMILY AND TO SEE IF YOUR INFO MATCHES WHAT INFO I HAVE WHICH IS FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT SOURCES AND NONE SEEM TO AGREE MUCH. PLEASE RESPOND AND I PROMISE IT WON'T TAKE AS LONG THIS TIME.

renee (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2004 4:51AM GMT
Hi,
I really dont have any papers on the clymer line....just a note from an uncle who in telling the family line to me said my grandmothers family names were Rightley- Coates -Bishop and Clymer and along side of the clymer name it says signer declaration of independence. Nothing has been verified though. They were from the philadelphia area.
Thanks for responding to the post. my computer was down for sometime and i had forgotten i even posted. If u have any thoughts on how they connect with any of the above names i would appreciate the lead to head me in the right direction.
Renee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic