Search for content in message boards

PICKETT, LINGENFELTER, DICKEY, RUBY, GRIFFIN, MCNEW

PICKETT, LINGENFELTER, DICKEY, RUBY, GRIFFIN, MCNEW

Don Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I am looking for info on these surnames and have info to share on same. Don Hunter.Don Hunter.

Re: PICKETT, LINGENFELTER, DICKEY, RUBY, GRIFFIN, MCNEW

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 8:28PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 3:16AM GMT
I was born a Lingenfelter and have many records of my family tree going back to Irish, Scottish, and German. Our largest starting point is Reynoldsville, Pa. I am still searching for records. Family names include Reed, O'donnell, Coulter, and Krieg

LINGENFELTER, REED, GWINN

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 3:37PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2005 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: LINGENFELTER, REED, GUINN-GWINNE, COMMISKY
I am interested in LINGENFELTERs and REEDs that came to Ripley Co IN from central/southwestern PA, specifically, counties of Blair, Bedford, Indiana, Cambria and Armstrong. The COMMISKY-CAMASKY family lived in/around Cambria Co PA 1810-1825, as their children were all baptized by the priest of St Michael's Catholic Ch in Loretto, Cambria Co, PA. I know one of the CUMMINGSKY sons married a REED in Jefferson Co IN in the late 1830s. I have seen the LINGENFELTER name in PA records everytime I have seen a COMMISKY record --- so I know they were neighbors in PA.
John COMMISKEY was quite elderly when he moved from PA to Ripley Co IN (in the 1830s?) and I can't find any land records for him in either Ripley Co or Shelby Co IN (moved here about 1842). Given his advanced age and lack of land records, I am assuming he was travelling with close family and friends. I would like to find this group of family/friends. John was born in Frederick Co, MD. His wife, Bridget Jane, was born in Ireland. John had a nephew named GWINN-GUINN-GWYNNE (Catholic baptismal records), so that would be Bridget's maiden name or the married name of one of John's sisters.

I would love to talk to anyone with ties to the above surnames and central/southwestern PA.

Thanks much for taking the time to read this long message.

Pat Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2009 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: DICKEY, NEWBOLD, NEWBOULD, McCLELLAND, BRYANT
I would be interested in knowing who your DICKEYs were. My husband's line is: William Dickey (1756-1848) mar Sarah McCLELLAND; had son, John DICKEY (1787-1846) who mar. Mary?; their son, John DICKEY Jr (1815-1842) mar. Ruth WORSHAM. John Jr. and Ruth WORSHAM had dau Mary A. DICKEY (1838-1883) who mar Francis M. NEWBOLD/NEWBOULD. Their dau, Adderaine L. NEWBOLD (1862-1935) mar my husband's grandfather, Greenberry BRYANT of Wayne County, Indiana.

There were several Dickeys living in Rush, Ripley, Wayne and Fayette couties of Indiana.

Any of these names in your DICKEY line?

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 12:51AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Washam Worsham Dickey
Pat,

I found in the 1850 White River, Johnson Co, IN cens, John Washam age 22 IN, on p49. Living with him is Jeremiah? Dickey age 10 IN, who is probably a son of Ruth Worsham Dickey. John is Ruth's brother. I have Ruth bur in the Dickey Fam. Cem., Harrisburg, Fayette Co, IN. Was her husband also buried there? Have you found them in the 1850 census?

Thank you

Larry Washam

Re: LINGENFELTER, REED, GWINN

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 3:59AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Lingenfelter, Reed, O'Donnell, Krieg
I trace back to Lingenfelter, Reed, O'donnell, Kreig, all these are from Pa. around the reynoldsville area. I do not remember seeing Johns name in any of my records though

Pat Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2002 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: DICKEY/WASHAM/WORSHAM
Larry:

Sorry I have not answered before, been neck deep in getting my husband's BRYANT line out to another researcher.

I do have some info on WASHAM/WORSHAM and DICKEY lines; however, I have not done much research on them as yet and mostly have what my husband's cousin (who is now deceased) gave me awhile ago, but no sources. We were going to work together on these lines, and she planned to send me her sources and more info, but her husband became ill and died, then she became ill and died.

Thank you for the info on the 1850 White River, Johnson Co., IN census. I will check that out soon.

I do have John J. as Ruth Washam/Worsham's brother. I have 12 siblings for Ruth with birth/death dates (no proof).

On Ruth's (and John DICKEY's) children, I only have Mary A. DICKEY who married Francis M. NEWBOLD/NEWBOULD in 1859. I'm sure they had more children, but right now, I don't have them.

Regarding Jeremiah? DICKEY, age 10 in the 1850 Johnson Co, IN census, he very well could be Ruth's son, named for her father or brother, Jeremiah.

Last year, Norman's (my husband) cousin lent me some pictures to put on the computer, in the box was a "Deed of
Conveyance" for Ruth's brother, Jeremiah and wife Mariah WORSHAM for Koscisko County, IN. Nothing was attached, so there was no info on the property. I thought this was interesting, because they moved around so much and this gave me another place to look for info.

Just recently, I found a bio of Jeremiah Jr. in the "History of Marshall Co, IN". It was emailed to me by a lady who had a copy of the history. She neglected to put the date on the history, but I imagine our Indiana State Library would have it.

Just as soon as the weather gets warmer, I will go to Harrisburg, Fayette Co, and check out the DICKEY Family Cemetery. If there are tombstones, we will take pictures of them. I don't know if Ruth's husband, John DICKEY is buried there or not. I have a Jacob Kellam as second husband for Ruth. Do you?

Would you be interested in exchanging info? You may get the short end of the stick, since I am just starting my research on the DICKEY/WASHAM-WORSHAM lines. If so, please email me at nbryant@netdirect.com.

I do have a photo of Ruth's daughter, Mary A. (Dickey) Newbold and another of Mary's husband, Francis Marion Newbold. I will check to see if I have a picture of any Washam/Worshams on my disk.

Thank you for the information. Hopefully, I might be able to help you too.

Pat Bryant

Larry Washam (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Dickey Washam Kellum Newbold Parish Worsham Rea Messersmith Kinder
Pat,

In our book, Worsham and Washam Family History, we wrote (excerpts from pages 199 to 203:

"Nancy (Washam) d 17 Jul 1859 age 64 years 6 days & bur Worsham Family Graveyard, Connersville, Fayette Co. He d 20 Oct 1861 Fayette Co., IN & bur Worsham Cem., Connersville Twp. Fayette Co., R. H. Steven Farm. His estate was filed by George W. Worsham & James C. Rea is Administrator. It lists his wife as Elise (?) who had died before him. His personal property was valued at $1500. In the distribution of the estate, William Worsham had been advanced $100 and Ephraim Messersmith had been advanced $100. The amount of $179.76 was distributed to each heir: William, John, Matilda, George W., Jeremiah, Francis M., Joseph J., heirs of Elizabeth R. Dickey 3 share, heirs of Ruth Dickey 2 shares."

"Elizabeth R. Worsham b 24 Dec 1813 Connersville, Fayette, IN. md Robert C. Dickey 4 Feb 1838 Fayette Co., IN.386 Robert s/o John & Mary Dickey. She d 18 Jan 1847 Fayette Co., IN & bur Worsham Cemetery west of Connersville in Fayette Co. age 34 y 24 d. Robert md 2nd) Lucinda Kinder and had Ophemia, Josephine, and Joseph.
Children: ..."

"1.3.2.4B.1.8.3. Ruth Worsham b abt 1819 Connersville, Fayette, IN. md 1st) John Dickey 6 Apr 1837 Connersville, Fayette Co., IN. Her name is spelled Washam. John s/o John & Mary Dickey. She md 2nd) Jacob M. Kellum 1845. In 1846, Jacob Kellum (Kellam) became guardian for Mary A. & Robert Dickey. They were listed as infants. Her husband was md 1st) to Susanna Parish in 1828. Ruth d 6 Oct 1850 in Fayette Co. & bur Dickey Family Cem. near Harrisburg, Fayette Co. as Ruth R. Kellum w/o Jacob Kellum.
Ruth & John children:
1.3.2.4B.1.8.3A.1. Mary Ann Dickey b 15 Apr 1838 Fayette Co., IN. md Francis Marion Newbold 10 Mar 1859 Fayette Co., IN by Wm. A. H. Tate, JP. She d 4 Apr 1862 in Fayette Co., IN.
1.3.2.4B.1.8.3A.2. Robert Jeremiah Dickey b abt 1840 Fayette Co., IN & d 15 Sep 1875 Johnson Co., IN."

Pat Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2002 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Dickey, Washam, Kellum, Newbold, Parish, Worsham, Rea, Messersmith, Kinder
Larry:

Thank you for the Worsham/Washam information.

You mentioned that this information came from "our book". Have you written a book called "Worsham and Washam Family History"? If so, is it in any of the Libraries or, better still, is there any way I could purchase a copy?

If this book is for sale, would you give me the price (including postage) and where I could send for it?

Thank you,

Pat Bryant

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 2:34PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2003 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Washam Worsham
Pat,

I will respond by email. Please let me know if you do not receive the email. Copies of the Worsham and Washam Family History are still available.

Larry Washam
larrywasham@yahoo.com

Please visit the Worsham & Washam Family History Home Page at:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~worshamwasham/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions