Search for content in message boards

St. Ann, Staine

St. Ann, Staine

Geraldine (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2003 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: St. Ann, Ste. Anne, Casbon, Ancalade
Norbert St. Ann-aka Robert Staine--Birth: 1881--his twin -Norberta St. Ann, Alcide St. Ann, Louis St. Ann, Leoncia St. Ann, Joseph Sidney St. Ann, Louise St. Ann, Lizzie St. Ann all from Plaquemines Parish--later New Orleans. Are there any more St. Ann´s out there if so maybe we can exchange info. Geraldine

Re: St. Ann, Staine

Vanessa (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2004 8:54PM GMT
Yes, there are still St. Ann's in Plaquemine Parish. Contact me at vanessademolle@aol.com for further information.

Posted: 19 Aug 2005 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: St. Ann, Lightell (Lytelle, Lightle,Lightel) Dinet (Vinet)
My great-grandmother was Julienne St.Ann born in about 1843. Her parents were Vollere St. Ann and Martel Buras. Any connection?

Geraldine Lee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2006 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: St. Anne-St. Ann-Staine
Hi, I have a Julianne St. Anne Lightell in my family. She was born abt 1843, father was Joseph St. Anne, mother Matilde. She married Jacques Lightell all from Plaquemines Parish, LA
Any connection?

Posted: 26 Jan 2007 3:21AM GMT
Don't know if my Great Grandmother was related to you. Her name waw Regina or Rose as many people called her. Her last name was St. Ann and she narried a Matthew Lightell from New Orleans, Thought it was interesting. I don't have any info after her. I don't know who her parents were. My Mother never met her grandparents.

Re: St. Ann, Staine, lightel, casbon

Posted: 24 May 2007 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: st. ann, staine
squawpal, In my family there is a joseph st anne, wife mathilde , children, Julienne, B: abt. 1843, & joseph, Birth: abt. 1846.
Julienne married Jacque Lightell.
joseph married Eulalie Barthelemy.
Family of yours? Gerry

Posted: 13 Aug 2007 9:43PM GMT
My cousin, Squawpal, is temporarily offline. I know she would have replied otherwise.
Our Julienne St. Ann Lightell was born around 1843, d. 14 Oct. 1929. That sounds like a match. Our ggm was born to Jack/Jacque and Julienne around 1880.

M L Dow

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 1:11AM GMT
The St. Ann family has been in Plaquemines since about 1790. The records aren't easy to find for us today because Carlos SANTANA came from Santyago de los Cavalieros, Santo Domingo(Spanish side of Hispaniola) with his wife Maria Theresa. If you check the Archdiocese of New Orleans records before the Battle of New Orleans, the name was Spanish. After Father Antonio De SEDELLA(a Spanish Priest) left New Orleans, the name became St. ANNE, since the family was living in a French speaking area, Plaquemines Parish, and now marrying children into the neighboring families. A supposition is that they were among the islanders of Taino ancestry, being from an interior town.

Posted: 13 Sep 2007 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: St. Ann, Santana
Ran across your post today and what struck me was the name Carlos Santana. I too am tracing my St. Ann ancestors and recently discovered from a relative (she's 92) that the spelling is indeed Santana. You've peaked my curosity and I'm interested in hearing more about your information.

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: St. Ann, Casbon
Yes I believe we have a match with Julienne St. Ann etc.
Maybe we could compare notes. See that you are researching Casbon also, which one? I have Casbons too. If you are interested contact me at: 290@prodigy.net.mx Gerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions