Search for content in message boards

Blue's In East Texas

Blue's In East Texas

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 3:49PM GMT
i'm looking for info on my great-grandma. She married charlie burton blue in canton tx. Charlie is buried in Carter Cemetary in Van Zandt county. I think she re-married and her last name was Huff, she is buried in VanZandt county, but i dont know where. I had heard she was half, Blackfoot Indian. Does anyone have any info on her> Her maiden name was Minnie L. Everett
Thanks,
Janice

Re: Blue's In East Texas

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 11:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 10:42PM GMT
Burton Blue was my grandmothers' (Opal Henderson) grandfather. His father married a woman with the last name of Peoples. She was from a Georgia Plantation. Burton Blue was married to a woman with the maiden name Wade. Her mother was said to have been Indian. I am trying find information on the Blue/People of Georgia

Posted: 30 Apr 2003 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:33AM GMT
You wrote: "Burton Blue was my grandmothers' grandfather".

Burton Wyatt BLUE is my lineage, too. Do you happen to know what county you are researching? If it's Van Zandt County, Texas, then it's my line. We can exchange info. Drop me a line at TPaplanu@swbell.net with your questions.

Posted: 30 Apr 2003 12:37AM GMT
Yes, I am researching Van Zandt, County. My Grandmother was Opal Agnes Henderson. Her father was James P. Henderson and her mother was Martha Adela Blue. Martha Adela Blues' father was Burton Blue and her mothers maiden name was Wade. Burton Blues' farther married a woman maiden Peoples from Georgia. On the Wade side of the family is where woman of Indian heritage comes in. I am trying to tie Blue/Peoples to a plantation in Georgia. I already have a lot of information on the Henderson. Love the stories of the Moore boys. My grandmother used to tell me stories.

The Henderson family moved to Nolan County, Tx in the 1900's and my mother Martha Ann Hukel was born in Sweetwater, Tx. March 1930 to Opal Henderson Hukel/William R. Hukel.
I haven't been to Texas since 1958. Would love to visit Van Zandt County and Nolan County.

Posted: 30 Apr 2003 1:18AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:33AM GMT
<<Martha Adela Blues' father was Burton Blue and her mothers maiden name was Wade.>>

I show only one child of the marriage of Burton Blue to Mary Wade and that is Betty (Mary Elizabeth). Can you fill me in on Martha? Do you know her birth date and place? Do you have an approximate marriage date for Burton and Miss Wade? I might be able to help more if you can.

Posted: 1 May 2003 2:16PM GMT
I was told by my grandmother, Opal Henderson, that Martha Adela Blue was born Dec. 1, 1867 died May 9, 1952 in Sweetwater, Texas was the daughter of Burton Blue and married to a woman with maiden name of Blue of Van Zandt County. It was my grandmothers great grandparents Blue/People who came from Georgia. Blue born 1812 died 1893 and People born 1820 died 1895. I was told on the Wade side that he was married to an Indian. I don't have marriage records. They are probably in a family bible. My grandmother told me that was kept by someone in the Henderson family. Even though she was the youngest they didn't want her to have it when she left for California in the 1940's. If you know of anyone who might have these records, please let me know.
Thank you

Posted: 3 May 2003 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson/Blue/Wade/Peoples
I need to make a correction. Mary Elizabeth Blue was my great grandmother. I had my notes confused. I am trying to find a connection to Blue/Wade/Peoples. A Wade married a woman with the maiden name of Peoples. She came from a plantation of Georgia. I am trying to verify this story.

Posted: 5 May 2003 1:26PM GMT
Daniel M. Blue married Mary Ann Peeples, about 1837 in Georgia, she was born Dec. 27,1819 in Georgia and died Nov. 20,1892 in VanZandt Co. Their children are Thomas,Margaret, Burton Wyatt(my gg-grandpa) & John Henry

Posted: 5 May 2003 1:42PM GMT
Burton Wyatt Blue was married 3 times, which one was your line from, 1st wife was Mary Wade, 2nd was Nancy Jane Rowan, and 3rd was Amanda Swain. My great grandpa's mother was Nancy Rowan Blue

Posted: 5 May 2003 4:45PM GMT
Boy, this can get confusing. My grandmother was Opal.I.G. (Agnes) Henderson. Her mother was Mary Elizabeth Blue born Dec. 1, 1867 died May 9, 1952. Her grandfather was Burton Blue born around 1847 died 1913. It was his father born 1812 died 1893 who married a woman by the name of Peoples from Georgia. This was from my notes from my grandmother. There seems to be some confusion on the spelling of Peoples. I was also, told that the woman named Peoples came from a plantation of Georgia. That she had slaves to do her hair. That she married a man by the name of Blue who did not believe in slavery and left the state of Georgia by oxcart for the state of Texas. So I am the gggranddaughter of Burton Blue/Wade. It was Wade's father who was married to an Indian. The Henderson family moved from Van Zandt to Sweetwater after 1910.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions