Search for content in message boards

Woody

Woody

Denise Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Woody Baker
My father is William Woody of Gastonia NC. His father was Mitchell Woody and mother Maudie Baker Woody. I have been told that most of his family came from Tenn. I have been looking for information on my family tree and havent had much luck.My father had two sisters, Ann and Jane. Jane is deceased and he also had two brothers much older than he with the last name of Baker.
If anyone has any information lease contact me. I have been searching for a long time. Thankyou,
Denise Campbell

Re: Woody

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 12:13PM GMT
Hi Denise

I looked through my information and didn't find anything.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At Ancestory.com I found somehing that may be close;

Name: Mitchell WOODY
Given Name: Mitchell
Surname: WOODY
Sex: M
Father: Pink WOODY
Mother: Daphne STINNETT b: 1884 in near Chestnut Hill, Sevier County, Tennessee

Marriage 1 Living BAKER

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The entry " Marriage 1 Living BAKER " usualy means at the time of the entry this person was living and little information was given.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In my files I have;

1.2.2.2.1.3.2.2.4., Elizabeth A., Woody, B 1-13-1834 in NC. D 3-24-1916 Gilmer Co. GA., Father John L. Woody Mother
Martha (maiden name unkn), Married; Henry J. Burnett B 1832 married in 1854, Lived; GA., Ancestrial Line; John
L./Robert Jr./Robert/JohnIII/JohnII/JohnI/Isaac/Richard I. Woody. 3 children; Robert Harrison, John Henry and William
Pinky.

1.2.2.2.1.3.2.2.4.3., William Pinky, Burnett or Woody, B unkn D unkn, Father Henry J. Burnett Mother Elizabeth A.
Woody, Married; Lydia Caroline Oliver, Lived; , Ancestrial Line; Elizabeth A./John L./Robert
Jr./Robert/JohnIII/JohnII/JohnI/Isaac/Richard I. Woody. (Why or how William Pinky used the surname Woody is unkn).
William and Lydia had 9 children; John Everett, William Robert, Lewis Reed, Nettie Lou, Lillie Elizabeth, Willard Pinkey, Loseph Brown, Reba Fair and James Dorsey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to Ancestory.com;

There was a;

Mitchell M Woody in the 1850 VA. census, Fanklin Co.

and a

Mitchell Woody in the 1870 VA. census, Henery Co.

The Mitchell M Woody of Franklin Co. VA. married a Sarah Jamison. So that isn't likely the right Mitchell Woody.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's all I could find.

You may have to go the old but true way of following the original documents through Court Hose and County records.

Take Care and keep looking. Michael

Re: Woody

Denise campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 1:17PM GMT
Hi Micheal,
Thankyou for the information. I will use it to futher my search. Untill now I have come up with nothing. I think this might be the right people. If not then I'll go to the courthouse and see what I find.
Take care and know someone in NC appreciates you!
Denise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic