Search for content in message boards

Komancza birthdates for monuments needed

Komancza birthdates for monuments needed

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I absolutely need the correct dates for my 2 Uncles
who were both born in Komancza.
We are wanting to put a monument next to my Grandmother
in Ukraine for one of the Uncles(her son and my mothers brother) and the other in Canada.
The years that I have are from 1918 -1925
Why does no one ever answer my e-mails from
Komancza archive office?
Is this the correct place that should provide me with this
information?

Re: Komancza birthdates for monuments needed

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 1:26PM GMT
Dianne,
You propably mean civil registry office (Urzad Stanu Cywilnego) in Komancza and not the archive as there is no archive there. Actualy, they propably do not have to answer (leaving aside that they should even if they can not help). Anyway, write them paper letter, give your full address there (the clerk does not have to answer, even emails, if there is no full address there). If possible use Polish address and write them in Polish. Alternatively, you can use any Poish consulate (civil registry office, if they find anything they should sent the transcript through consulate). And according to Polish law they do not have to serch the records they have, they can provide you a transcript (they charge 33 zł) for that but you have to give them at least a year. And they can provide transcript if you prove them you are direct descendant (so would not give you the information about your uncles). OK, this is a theory, in fact the smaller the place the more hepfull the clerks are so, quite often, it is easiest to call them and just ask the questions (of course in Polish).

Zbyszek

PS
I have some pictures from Lupkow for you, I will send to you later today

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 5:35PM GMT
I am hoping that you can still send me the photos of Lupkow
I just remembered.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 6:45PM GMT
Hi,
I could not find your email, I am sorry so I uploaded a few pictures here. Most of them are from the area where the church and the cemetery was (you can still find a few graves there). I know of 4 people living in the village right now, there are 6 houses (one new, one former prison barrack now shelter for tourist, another house that serves tourist as well, 2 empty houses, built after the war and one summer house) and a railway station (not in use). There are no houses from before the war.

Zbyszek

http://www.2shared.com/photo/0y3f4KIn/DSC_0081.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/v7KEqWOd/DSC_0080.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/91eepisd/DSC_0078.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/Nt6xMfhz/DSC_0074.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/gDhO5i7n/DSC_0073.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/YjdP0BR8/DSC_0071.html
http://www.2shared.com/photo/mUwPTC7k/DSC_0072.html

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2013 9:55PM GMT
I am so happy that you sent the photos and information about
Lupkow! I am actually writing a letter to Poland archive office for my cousin whos father was born there.
The surnames were Choma and Kir.
I am giving her all the information I can get and she will be
amazed at the photos if not sad that the village is gone.
But I thank you . I wanted to go to Lupkow last time I was there in 2011.
Do you have family there? What does the cemetery look like
now? Is there anything left? I know that the Priest Greek catholic Father T, Hrabec must be buried there. He died in
1935. I wonder if there is any monument to him since there is no church. Is Lupkow the same place as Nowy Lupkow and Stariy Lupkow? I just want to confirm this. I have read about the railway there. Is it in use at all?
Do you live in Poland? Next time I go I will make plans to meet you,you have been so amazing with the information you have given me!

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 10:30PM GMT
Hi, no, I do not have family there but I go there a few times a year and always spend a week or two in that area. Cemetery consists of a few graves (~10-15), a few of them still have inscriptions, it is located on the top of a small hill with big trees. In summer a man from a tourist shelter cuts the grass usually there so it was accessible. I remember there is a grave of a priest and his son, I do not remember their names. The village is now called Stary Łupków (stary means old). Nowy Łupków (so new) is a few kilometers away, there used to be a railway station where they were moving the wood from a narrow-gauge track to regular trains. There is now a big prison there.
As for railway, there are no passenger trains as far as I know any more, there used to be trains a few year ago but only during the summer. The only way to get there is by car (you can drive almost to the cemetery and leave the car there or to the railway station) or by bus to Nowy Łupków and then you have to go on walk.
Yes, I live in Poland, sure, just let me know when you come, I would be happy to meet you.
As for Łupków records, there are metrical records for the end of 18th century and first half o 19th century in a state archives in Przemysl and birth for the second half of 19th century (until 1897) in Sanok state archives. Newer records perhaps only in a civil registry office (USC) in Komancza. You may also try to contact a church (Greek-Catholic) dioecesis in Przemysl and their archives. As for more recent records, state archives in Sanok has also a register of people living in Lupkow in years 1931-1945, they may contain information about a fate of different families during and just after the war.
Zbyszek

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 11:20PM GMT
I have just sent a letter to my cousin ,that I wrote in Polish ,for her to send to Komancza archive office.
I think they will send her the information if there are
any Lupkow records there . It seems that probably the people at the Komancza archive office are not too happy with me since I told them that they work too slowly!
Thats OK I will go in person one day soon since I have found a group ,in Poland, who will start a renovation of what is left of the cemetery in my ancestral village of Czystohorb. Do you know any of the people in Lupkow personally? I am asking because I would like to know the names of the Priest and son and the other people buried in the cemetery. If someone could get that information for me I will visit them too!!!!
Many thanks!!!!!

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 7:42PM GMT
Hello this is Dianne Melnyk writing to you. I found your e-mail on the collaborate part
of ancestry.com. I do not have subscription for the summer.
First,thank you so much for the help you have given me regarding the archive offices
in Poland and for the photos you took for the village Lupkow/Lupkiw. etc.
I have been finding a few things now.
There was one site that you sent me and it was about komancza and Czystohorb? villages greek catholic
and regarding inhabitants and what happened to them later in the 1940s.
etc. I am hoping that you could send this to me again.
I am certain that it was you who sent this to me.
thank you very very much!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions