Search for content in message boards

Mattie Belle Pavey, Robert Lee Jordan, and Elsworth Franklin Jordan

Mattie Belle Pavey, Robert Lee Jordan, and Elsworth Franklin Jordan

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: pavey, pavy, jordan, self, selph, alport,
Looking for Family of Mattie Belle Pavey, Robert Lee Jordan, and Elsworth Franklin Jordan. My mother is Elsworth Daughter and am trying to find relatives to contact for her.

Re: Mattie Belle Pavey, Robert Lee Jordan, and Elsworth Franklin Jordan

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Pavey, Jordan, Gayle and Chenault
I was not able to find anything on Elsworth Franlin Jordan, however, I do have a Robert Lee Jordan who married a Mattie Belle Pavey and their five children. I also have the siblings of Mattie and her parents. I show that she was also married to Carroll B. Gayle. I believe her mother was a Chenault. What type of information do you need? Eugene

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 3:50AM GMT
Im trying to find living family members of robert lee. That is elsworth dad. Elsworth is my grandfather and im looking for relatives for my mother.

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 4:38AM GMT
Jayce, Since some of these may still be living I hate to post them on the bulletin board. If you write to me via LAtki86459@aol.com I will send you what I have. Tombstone Hunter.

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 12:34AM GMT
Hi:

According to the new Chenault Family Red Book Robert Lee Jordan who married Mattie Belle Pavy had three children by her and they were Lorene Jordan, Dorothy Jordan and Barbara Jordan. The mother of Mattie Pavy is Hattie Belle Chinault who married William Joseph Pavy. The Red Book spells the surname as Pavy and not Pavey.

Bernie in Virginia

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Pavy, Pavey and Jordan
Dear Bernie, Thanks for your reply. I do show Barbara, Dorothy and Lorene Jordan as children of Mattie Belle Pavy/Pavey and Robert Lee Jordan.
I also show Margorie L., Vivian L., Elsworth F. and Robert Lee Jordan, Jr. to be the children of Robert Lee Jordan. Does this mean that there is another wife and mother of this other group of children?

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 5:43AM GMT
Hi: The Red Book does not show any other children for Robert Lee Jordon. It does show that after the death of Robert in 1946 that Mattie Belle Pavy married a man named Carroll Gaylle who was born in 1917 and died in 1991. No other are shown for Mattie.

Bernie

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Jordan, jordon, pavy, Pavey
Sounds like the book may have omitted my line of the family then. If I remember correctly my research up to that line shows all of those children present via census records and other family trees, As Mattie's 2nd marriage yielded no children if memory serves.

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Jordan and Pavey/Pavie/Pavy
Jayce, It was nice to hear from you again. I would love to exchange data with you on this family. My E-mail address is latki86459@aol.com
I am trying to determine if Robert Lee Jordan was married more than the one time to Mattie Belle Pavey. Or if all of the children were Mattie's. Do you have any information on Barbara, Dorothy or Lorene Jordan such as dates of birth/death, Spouse and marriage date.

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 11:09PM GMT
I have emailed you screen shots of the info I have. For anyone else looking as well. I have all children listed as both Mattie's and Robert sr's and I don't show he married anyone else. I haw yet to find any info on Dorothy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions