Search for content in message boards

Davis family from Six Nations

Davis family from Six Nations

Posted: 8 Jun 2003 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2004 10:31PM GMT
Looking for info on Josiah Davis and his wife Louisa Sherry, their children: Philip Henry Davis, Tuey Davis and Elmer Davis.
Thank You
Chris

Re: Davis family from Six Nations

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 11:46PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2006 1:55AM GMT
Josiah Davis b. abt. 1878 was the son of John & Sarah Davis. Josiah had one brother that I know of Andrew Davis born abt. 1872 m. Cecilia Maracle.

CHildren of Louisa & Josiah:

Mary A. Davis
Joseph L. Davis
Philp H. Davis
Stella M. Davis
Edith L. Davis
Louisa Davis
Walter S. Davis

That's basically the info. I have, if you have something specific that you would like me to search for, just let me know.

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 11:45PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2004 10:31PM GMT
Thanks again for the help! I don't know much about the Haudenosaunee side of my family so everything helps. I have a few names but no dates or places. How do Tuey and Elmer fit into the Josiah/Louisa tree? I was told that they were their children, were they adopted? Tuey Davis had a son Doug who died in an accident about 1983. Tuey also had a daughter Cindy. Elmer Davis married Sybil Greene and had a son and a daughter. the daughter married a Bulbrook. Do you know who the parents of Louisa Sherry are? Thanks again. -Chris

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 2:49PM GMT
Perhaps we are tracing the same Davis family but I can't tell for sure. Our great great grandfather Squire Davis (1825-1886) did have a son John A. born 1857. Unfortunately we know nothing, to date, about Squire's antecedants or siblings. He married Janet Ferguson.

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Mason, Hill, Maracle, Greene, Montour, Roundpoint, Powless, Sherry, Brant, Rathburn
Do you know who Cecilia Maracle's parents were?

Nia:weh
Chris

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2006 1:55AM GMT
I think that they were Elias/Elijah Maracle and Elizabeth Williams. I know someone has done research on this family, I can pass your e-mail along, if you would like

A. Chris Carty (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2005 10:21AM GMT
Yes, please forward my e-mail. I live in the States so it is hard for me to do research. Thanks.

Chris

Posted: 27 May 2007 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: elmer, bill,
gertie Monture was a davis whose brothers included Elmer Davis as well as Bill Davis and others. She is included in these obits and has sons and daughter who is still alive and probably has info you might find useful.

Posted: 28 May 2007 10:42PM GMT
Hello,
Do you know if they have e-mail? Thanks.

Posted: 30 May 2007 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Elmer Davis
my mistake......checking Gertie montours obit here in this list, I did not see Elmer's name as one of her relatives. In my mothers photos which I inherited on her death in '83, I did see and I remember Elmer and his family visiting us and I believe I have a couple
of photo's of him and his family. I have not looked for years but if you email me at sa126962@yahoo.ca I will see what I can do. My mother was a Davis - father was Mathew Davis and mother was Pheobe Bomberry - I am sure we were related to Elmer.
My mother Jessie Mae Davis married my dad, Cecil Miller about 1929. I was adopted about 1942. My name is Keith Miller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions